Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 Clutch lever adjustable. As some of you know the 2017 clutch housing was changed to one more like the brake master cyl. So the 2016 levers will not fit.
Oberon did come out with adjustable levers that fit the 2017. because they are about the only one making them they are pricey .
The finish on them is better than the Roland Sands I had on my 2016 and the adjustment system is better made. The shape is different but works for me.
These are also marketed as a reduced reach lever.
The lever has 8 setting. 8 being a clutch engagement about like factory each notch lower moves clutch engagement closer to grip. 2-3 seems best for me. The result is better control of the clutch when operating at real slow speed. I have been waiting for these from the day I purchased the bike. The install is about 1 minute, I am not kidding. 1 tool I used a butter knife to pull snap clip off. My pliers were not here.
My 2 cents:
Costly $152 for polished with silver adjuster no shipping cost
$132 for the black with silver adjuster
Well made
Work 100% as they should, with plenty of adjustment.

100_2243 by bob smith, on Flickr

·
Registered
31 Posts
2017 Clutch lever adjustable. As some of you know the 2017 clutch housing was changed to one more like the brake master cyl. So the 2016 levers will not fit.
Oberon did come out with adjustable levers that fit the 2017. because they are about the only one making them they are pricey .
The finish on them is better than the Roland Sands I had on my 2016 and the adjustment system is better made. The shape is different but works for me.
The lever has 8 setting. 8 being a clutch engagement about like factory each notch lower moves clutch engagement closer to grip. 2-3 seems best for me. The result is better control of the clutch when operating at real slow speed. I have been waiting for these from the day I purchased the bike. The install is about 1 minute, I am not kidding. 1 tool I used a butter knife to pull snap clip off. My pliers were not here.
My 2 cents:
Well made

100_2243 by bob smith, on Flickr
Good info! Had not seen any options to deal with the limited friction zone with the 2017 models.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 2 cents:
Well made
+1 just installed mine today, it took me longer to walk to my tool box to get my snap ring pliers than to put the lever on.
Just a quick ride to try different settings I also settled on 3, it's perfect! This has fixed the only issue I had with my '17 RGU!
- Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just installed mine. Taking the bike through LA traffic tomorrow. From the short test ride I did, seems like an amazing difference. Having smaller hands and my first two fingers only able to grab the lever until I pull it enough to use my whole hand definitely sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
What is the website for these levers, I ride in traffic almost daily and had this adjustable type of levers on my other bikes but couldn't find any until now... I'd appreciate it... PM me if needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Another note I did notice is I usually keep my hands closer to the controls rather than to the outside by the bar ends. These levers will slide you out a little.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm sooooooo ordering a set of these for my 12 Roadie, AWESOME find!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good info! Had not seen any options to deal with the limited friction zone with the 2017 models.
I have been waiting for these. I wanted a set day one. That was when I found out the clutch master cly had been changed to one the 2016 and below levers would not work on.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just ordered a set. Had a problem with the online ordering so I called them at (714) 842-2603 and placed the order. Did not charge me shipping when calling in, just sayin' :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just tried to order a set. Filled everything out, input credit card info and transmitted but got no confirmation page, email receipt etc so I assume the order didn't go through but I'm not going to do it again and end up with a double order. I guess I'll call them when they're open. Good find.

Try emailing Gary. He emailed me to confirm everything. [email protected]

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ordered mine from Hoglevers. The free FEDEX shipping got it here but I think it was by horse back. Took the bike out this morning to play with the lever a bit.
With stock grips setting 1 bike will not start in gear with a normal grip on lever. 2 and above starts in gear every time. I am using setting 2 and 3 right now they seem to fit my needs.
While I had no issue with the weight of the clutch pull stock on setting 8 it was about the same as stock lever. On lower setting pull is lighter.
Because the engagement point is sooner and closer to the grip the clutch works much better at slow start for me. Would I spend the cash again, with out a doubt yes.
As for the instructionsthey just do not really apply to the 2017. Cover fuel tank. Push down on the stock pin hold remove external clip. Remove pin remove lever. Dab of grease on new one slide it in replace pin done. Set on 8 and keep dialing down until you are happy. Not even enough time for a drink of coffee.

Featured Products

·
Registered
623 Posts
2012 does not have HYd Clutch you can get by at a much lower cost you have a lot of options the 2017 does not have.
Definitely true but if I'm not mistaken, I spent this much for my Roland Sands levers and I wasn't that impressed with the adjustability. I know there are a lot of other options also available though, as you say

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ordered mine from Hoglevers. The free FEDEX shipping got it here but I think it was by horse back. Took the bike out this morning to play with the lever a bit.
With stock grips setting 1 bike will not start in gear with a normal grip on lever. 2 and above starts in gear every time. I am using setting 2 and 3 right now they seem to fit my needs.
While I had no issue with the weight of the clutch pull stock on setting 8 it was about the same as stock lever. On lower setting pull is lighter.
Because the engagement point is sooner and closer to the grip the clutch works much better at slow start for me. Would I spend the cash again, with out a doubt yes.
As for the instructionsthey just do not really apply to the 2017. Cover fuel tank. Push down on the stock pin hold remove external clip. Remove pin remove lever. Dab of grease on new one slide it in replace pin done. Set on 8 and keep dialing down until you are happy. Not even enough time for a drink of coffee.

Featured Products
From what I saw on the website they are sold separately and not as a set. At 133.00 per lever they are pretty expensive. Am I wrong about the set?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From what I saw on the website they are sold separately and not as a set. At 133.00 per lever they are pretty expensive. Am I wrong about the set?
They are not a set. Yes they are pricey depending on finish and color of adjustment knob. Price is high because the earlier ones do not fit a 2017. Also this brand is a better made product than the 2016 ones I had. For me worth it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So currently up in LA. Rode from San Diego and made a stop by Espinoza's Leather for a new cut. Traffic a good amount of the way up. My left hand feels great, holding in the clutch when I can't white line is a breeze now. They're expensive but I think totally worth it if you're sitting at stop lights a lot or in traffic.

I also bought a break lever. Going to take some getting used to, feels little more mushy and you have to fiddle to find the sweet spot to engage the breaks totally.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did send them an email about that silly instruction sheet. Those were the instruction for a pre-2017.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts