1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being a newbie I've never had adjustable levers on a bike....what exactly do they do? Shorten the pull or just make it easier to pull?
I will try to explain it. With a HYD clutch there is no adjustment that allows you to move where clutch engages and disengages.
Adjustable levers allow you to move those points closer to the grip allowing for engagement sooner . Big advantage is better control with riding at very slow speed in the fiction zone. It will shorten the pull some also because the free play will be there when you adjust it in some. Some will feel a light pull also because the force to pull it is not as far out.
Nothing new they have been used on performance bikes for years.
The adjustable levers along with the extended brake pedal that lowers the sharp angle of the read pedal mad a world of difference on my 2016 for slow speed handling. Mine should get here after the 4th I will post some picture to show the difference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for this thread, the clutch engaging when the lever was almost all the way out has been my only complaint about my '17 RGU. I have short fingers and felt this was almost a safety issue.
Placed order same day I read this.
- Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will try to explain it. With a HYD clutch there is no adjustment that allows you to move where clutch engages and disengages.

Adjustable levers allow you to move those points closer to the grip allowing for engagement sooner . Big advantage is better control with riding at very slow speed in the fiction zone. It will shorten the pull some also because the free play will be there when you adjust it in some. Some will feel a light pull also because the force to pull it is not as far out.

Nothing new they have been used on performance bikes for years.

The adjustable levers along with the extended brake pedal that lowers the sharp angle of the read pedal mad a world of difference on my 2016 for slow speed handling. Mine should get here after the 4th I will post some picture to show the difference.

Great explanation......thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Great share! I've been thinking about looking something like this. Definitely getting these.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Because I had Adjustable levers on the 2016 RGU I knew what to expect. These on the M8 are a little different . The trip wife and I took was a good test for them. They passed it. Having the clutch engagement in closer to the grip allows much better control a slow speeds. Wiggling in and out of tight places loaded up is a lot easier. It is not about having small hands in my case . That is a selling point of the levers for me it is about it is about clutch engagement. I prefer the way the Oberon work , but liked the feel of the Roland Sands one I had on the 2016.
But as of now Oberon is the only one making ones to fit a 2017.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had both clutch and brake adj levers on my bike for awhile now and wouldn't ever go back to stock. The added control bringing the levers closer to the grips is well worth it IMO

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just ordered, thanks for posting. Looking forward to trying them out.

Reactions: moto.rich

·
Registered
202 Posts
HTML:
Put these on mine last night. Clutch and brake. Nice pieces, install pretty easy, got the clutch engagement where I want it.
I also installed mine last night. Messed up on clutch the first go around but easily fixed. (did not align little nub to pocket of handle) Have not dialed them in yet as I did it on a work break....yes, that quick to install. Looking forward to trying them out maybe tonight.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I put the Oberon clutch lever on my 16, used it for a day and sent it back. I felt the lever was too small for my hand and it moves your hand father out, making it harder to reach the control paddle.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put the Oberon clutch lever on my 16, used it for a day and sent it back. I felt the lever was too small for my hand and it moves your hand father out, making it harder to reach the control paddle.
Really? It is a smaller lever handle, I'll give you that. I wrapped mine in leather..

And it does move your hand out on the controls a bit more, which took some time getting use to, but now riding stock levers sucks lol

·
Registered
684 Posts
OK, quick question for those who have the adjustables.

I fully agree on the need for one on the clutch, but are there any real advantages to having one on the brake?

Also on the extended rear brake, how far away from stock does it take it or does it just move it down so the angle is not so steep?

TIA

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts