Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, looking for ideas (with pics :) ) - what are yall using?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry no pic but, it's simple and around for a long time. The saddle bag guard bottle and storage pouch. I mount mine on the left side and use a Hydro flask with a sport spout. I can reach down and grab it and put it back without looking.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I use the same as above. The handlebar area is just too clean looking to clutter up with a drink holder IMO. This is my first bike with internal wiring, so I want to keep the look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use a Ram mount attached to clutch housing. The parts are:
  • RAM Mounts (RAM-B-309-6U) Motorcycle Brake/Clutch Reservoir Base with 2/1" Permanent Balls
  • Ram Mount Composite Short Double Socket Arm for 1-Inch Ball Bases
  • Ram Mount Self-Leveling Cup Holder with 1-Inch Ball and Cozy, Black
Total cost was about $37. A bit steeper than I wanted, but I think I'll be using the Ram mount for other things, which is why I got the clutch mount with two 1" balls (I can attach a phone or GoPro to the other ball).

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. Not thrilled with a handlebar cup holder. I have the saddlebag guard cup holder, which would work fine, but my preferred starbucks insulated cup is too snug, when I try to remove it, one of the snaps comes undone.

Thinking a couple possibilities, the first thing I'll try is a new insulated cup that someone says fits the bag guard cup holder. Failing that, I might do the ram mount on the saddlebag guard.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
just got the ciro one too... think I am going to like it quite a bit... fairly unobtrusive... they have a chrome one too if that's your thing....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
My first thought was that it would be difficult to reach from the front seat, but I just sat on my bike, and maybe not. What do you think?
I wouldn't try it ... Too much time with eyes off the road trying to find the hole to set your drink in.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My first thought was that it would be difficult to reach from the front seat, but I just sat on my bike, and maybe not. What do you think?
I use it when ever I have a drink. In fact by myself you can actually use just one side & attach to the luggage rack. It definitely is a little harder to reach than other holders for the rider, but my wife loves it, it doesn't require any mounted hardware at all and it works fine for me. Although I have learned an almost empty water bottle will blow out if you don't clip on the restraining band. : )

·
Registered
756 Posts
I tried a ram mount on the bars for my phone, this literally put the phone in my face, so nothing on the bars for me, plus I like the clean look and all the chrome.

I have seen some that mounted a regular bicycle water holder on the lowers, very cheap and choice of color, not sure what I'm going to do, but there won't be anything mounted on the bars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used the Chubby Cups Quick release on a number of bikes. Here is a pic on the saddle bag crash bar on my old Road King. What is nice is I can move it up to handle bars or toss them in bags when not using. They go on and off in seconds.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts