Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
What gear was the transmission in for that run?

I've never thought much about dyno runs, but it would seem different gears would put down different power to the rear wheel.

Is there an industry standard on which gear, or an average of several gears and multiple runs?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
with no stock run, how do you compare stock to stage 1,2, or 3?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All harley, street cannons, screaming chicken tuner. As far as how I compare. I did 100 miles stock it is night and day as the power goes. It is a very quick for a 900 lb bike Imo. The roll on power to pass is phenomenal absolutely no need to down shift to pass on the highway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
All harley, street cannons, screaming chicken tuner. As far as how I compare. I did 100 miles stock it is night and day as the power goes. It is a very quick for a 900 lb bike Imo. The roll on power to pass is phenomenal absolutely no need to down shift to pass on the highway.
I have not had mine on a Dyno yet but if you are pulling 111 HP and 120 TQ out of your Stage Three I would imagine that my Stage Four is somewhere around 120+HP and 125 TQ. What do you think? All I can say is that it is a Beast!!

RJ

·
Registered
240 Posts
What gear was the transmission in for that run?

I've never thought much about dyno runs, but it would seem different gears would put down different power to the rear wheel.
I have only had one bike on a dyno but many cars. I have never seen a significant difference in power produced. Any runs in gears less than the desired 1:1 ratio show slightly higher, gears higher than the 1:1 show slightly lower, but only by about 1 percent

Is there an industry standard on which gear, or an average of several gears and multiple runs?
1:1 loads up the engine well and makes the pull at a good lineal ramp up to max RPM.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have only had one bike on a dyno but many cars. I have never seen a significant difference in power produced. Any runs in gears less than the desired 1:1 ratio show slightly higher, gears higher than the 1:1 show slightly lower, but only by about 1 percent

1:1 loads up the engine well and makes the pull at a good lineal ramp up to max RPM.
That makes sense. A couple articles I found they did 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th gear, but no explanation to why.

I found it interesting that the dyno measures the torque and the horsepower is calculated. Then they went into all these correction factors so you can compare dyno runs across the world.

I know there are places like Ivan's that dyno tune one bike, then sell ECU flashes to everyone that has that bike. People rave about his tunes.

I probably don't use more than half the available power out of anything I own. I believe it helps with longevity.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That makes sense. A couple articles I found they did 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th gear, but no explanation to why.

I found it interesting that the dyno measures the torque and the horsepower is calculated. Then they went into all these correction factors so you can compare dyno runs across the world.

I know there are places like Ivan's that dyno tune one bike, then sell ECU flashes to everyone that has that bike. People rave about his tunes.

I probably don't use more than half the available power out of anything I own. I believe it helps with longevity.
Ivan is the man. I used his carb kit on my built FZ1 and it was everything I could have asked for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm seriously considering trading my 2016 RGS for a 17 RGU. The stage 3 maybe be part of the deal. Can you tell be how many labor hours you were charged? I will do the canons and a/c myself then let them do the rest. The numbers you posted are right where I'd like to be.Thx. The dealer offered me 23K for my bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer charges 3700 for the stage 3 including a dyno tune. I made this part of my deal so you will have to figure what you are willing to pay for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer charges 3700 for the stage 3 including a dyno tune. I made this part of my deal so you will have to figure what you are willing to pay for.
Does that include the kit with that $3700? Dyno tune? Don't they just download the map for the stage 3?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks. Dealer just quoted me 12 hours to do the kit. No extra charge labor wise for the exhaust or a/c since they have to pull them anyway. Plus they want 3 hours to dyno tune. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Plus they want 3 hours to dyno tune..
That is pretty standard.........and if the Tuner is Good, they will bill him out higher than an Avg Tech i.e Harley rates of $100 an Hour or a Dyno Tune for $350.......that is (3) Hours

1 - 20 of 27 Posts