Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new Road Glide Special, and I'd like to roll the handlebars forward a little, and depending how far I can go, possibly roll both lever perches down a little. I know there's a pin in the bar clamp, but does the pin allow for a little adjustment, and if so how much? Also, are there pins in the lever brackets/ switch housings that limit or prevent adjustment there? I like the bars (at least I think I will), but would like to tweak them. I hurt both my shoulders in 2016 and I have some carpal tunnel issues, so in the interest of my comfort I want to give the OEM bars a chance, just in case my body likes 'em.

·
Registered
97 Posts
there is some adjustment in the bar without pushing in the pin. 5-10 degrees is all.. the hand controls have a bit of play as well not much though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can pull the pin and get some more adjustment. I did but not happy with it so am ordering new bars. Search in the forum for it as there is a how to. Yes the perches are pinned as well and those have to be ground down as they are cast.The bar height and width were good it was the pullback i didnt like. Definitely worth the 30 minutes it takes to pull the pin. Vise grips to pull or some guys were tapping it down.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Is there a video to roll the bars without removing lock?
It is not possible to roll the bars forward or backwards without removing the pin. The pin holds it in one position. The pin is easy to remove, pull it out or drive it down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Or leave the pin in and just elongate the hole on the bars. That way you have the security of the pin still if you want to keep the pin.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know how the pin and rolling works, I wanted to see how to do it all without removing ignition switch...
Factory 47 has a video for installation of their bars, it shows how to take the Gage cluster without removing the ignition switch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts