Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the 2017 RGS in Laguna Orange? What are your thoughts?
It has a pearl in the paint which makes it pop in the sun. It is a little darker than the Tequila Sunrise that came out in 2012.
2017 RGS Laguna Orange 1.jpg

2017 RGS Laguna Orange close up.jpg

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Orange is classic H-D, but too bright for my taste. Bro Swo said it right that blacking out everything else and this would look sweet! Still, not what I would buy. You could go vivid black and then have it custom painted.

IMO this color looks cool if everything else is blacked out.
But that's just my opinion.
Out of all the colors for this new 2017 the orange wouldn't be my first pick.
Swomack

·
Super Moderator
12,310 Posts
Doesn't matter what anyone else likes, if you like it and that's whst you want go for it. Personally I usually like chrome or contrast, but if I had that color, I'd go black or contrast for accessories. BTW I love the color.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I seen it in person and love the color, for a '17 it would be my 1st choice. I couldn't agree more with the blackout treatment too. If they made a RGU in that orange with the right blackout treatment and graphics I would be on that shit like a fat kid on cake!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Orange is classic H-D, but too bright for my taste. Bro Swo said it right that blacking out everything else and this would look sweet! Still, not what I would buy. You could go vivid black and then have it custom painted.
Ok so I just got back from checking on my sled over at my dealership and there it was, the same bike in the sunlight. Once again I'm not much of an orange kind of guy but I HAVE TO SAY wow.
Looks real good in person and the flake was done just right. Like I stated above, same paint with all the chrome done in black, WOW one badass looking bike.
Swomack

·
Registered
185 Posts
Blacked out would look good as mentioned before and I sure that pearl really jumps

when it hits the sun.

To bad it's not the "fastest color" as I have on my Rig!

>:)

YB

·
Registered
500 Posts
I say go for it! When I bought my orange roadie back in 08 I didn't have a lot of positive feedback on it. Times have changed and I get compliments all the time on the colour. It's easy to find in a sea of black bikes and a few back pieces really set the orange off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great color! ....but I would also like to see the MoCo add some more black-outs to the line up. It is just too dang expensive and time consuming to change out all the chrome.

I think the MoCo would knock it out of the park if they produced a black-out for most of the Softails and Tourers, without hiking the prices. I mean how much more expensive can it be to use blacked-out parts?

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Great color! ....but I would also like to see the MoCo add some more black-outs to the line up. It is just too dang expensive and time consuming to change out all the chrome.

I think the MoCo would knock it out of the park if they produced a black-out for most of the Softails and Tourers, without hiking the prices. I mean how much more expensive can it be to use blacked-out parts?
The cost is less to powdercoat then chrome dipped I know that for a fact.
I agree that MoCo should offer both for the same price.
I think they would sell even more bikes with options like that.
Swomack

1 - 20 of 66 Posts