Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Biketronics amp and front speakers, the rear speakers are HD on the King Tour Pak. Took the bike in yesterday to have it flashed, by the dealer. They told me they couldn't do it because it was after market equipment and not HD. Any body else having problems with getting the flash from HD? Thanks

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Guess that I would ask why you're flashing? That has been a real hit and miss proposition lately. Is something on the radio not working correctly (fader control for example), or are you just trying to flatten the EQ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, HD did away with any flash for aftermarket audio. No dealers are supposed to do it to flatten the EQ anymore. Harley felt it was looking audio sales on the Boom, so they made dealers stop doing it. You may find one that will still flash for 4 speakers if you add some, but that's about it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I did, added 2 rear speakers, had this system on a 2015 RGS and there wasn't any problem to flash it. The amp and line leveler shouldn't matter, the radio needs to be told that it has 4 speakers instead of 2, then it will have the fade, F to R and L and R adjustment.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Moco took the flash away for aftermarket audio... correct...

However... there are Indy shops that have the capability to flash with an aftermarket flash computer... Soundz Customz has one that they sell... not worth it to buy for just one setup though... find a shop near you doing audio for the 14 and newer scoots... they should have the computer to flash it correctly....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
In the early days of Rushmore audio, I was always told and read that ideally the flash is done prior to the installation of any aftermarket gear. Guess that's water under the bridge now since the upgrade is done.

Besides finding an independent to do it, the only other solution I can think of is to pull the AMP, line leveler and aftermarket front speakers, then take it to a dealership and tell them you're adding a pair of HD OEM fairing speakers up front and need fader / balance control. Get the flash done and then reinstall everything.

If you're unlucky like me, and live in part of the country where you don't have access to an Indy with the right equipment, you might be able to reach out to one of the Audio sellers here and inquire about sending your head unit in for the right flash.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called another HD shop, they gave me the number to a stereo shop that will flash the radio.
Thanks to all for the help,,,

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I called another HD shop, they gave me the number to a stereo shop that will flash the radio.
Thanks to all for the help,,,
Cool... hard to find a dealer that will refer you out

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
after you get it done, if you are satisfied with the results, then post the name of the shop. i'm sure there are quite a bit of folks in the 'south carolina' area that would be interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shop is Garage Bagger Stereo, 3307 Rutherford Rd., Taylors, SC 29687, Ph#864-334-6131,
Took all of about 5 minutes to flash it. They also sell radio, speakers and custom setups.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not for nothing, but if the fuckin MOCO sold stuff that was worth half a shit, people wouldnt be flocking to the aftermarket to buy a system that sounds 3 times as good for half the damn price.

But god forbid they flash the headunit to flatten the eq out and give you fader and balance control that should have been available out of the box in the first place.

Sheesh. I love the bike but for christ sake why the bullshit that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths?

Mike

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
flash?

I stopped at a dealer in Fl to check belt. they flashed the radio with "update" without my requesting it. now the info screen(ambient temp, oil pressure, eims) won't come on unless I turn the radio on. I don't care, but just sayin.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I stopped at a dealer in Fl to check belt. they flashed the radio with "update" without my requesting it. now the info screen(ambient temp, oil pressure, eims) won't come on unless I turn the radio on. I don't care, but just sayin.
Different 'flash' altogether... that's a radio update file... flashing the radio for after market amps reconfigures the tuning of the radio to accept an aftermarket amp input to give you a flattened EQ curve and nominal ouput

1 - 16 of 16 Posts