Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it recently a few weeks ago. Pic from dealership included. Now, new windscreen, new Paul Yaffe apes, removed engine guard, new grips, new levels, new Arlen Ness Air filter, new chrome forks, new 21 in spoke wheel later...here we go with pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vance and Hines Destroyer slip ons..and as soon as I figure out how to upload pics, you'll see what I mean :laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like them but about to remove the packing (but leave the baffle) for more noise (came from 88B motor with V&H straight pipes) so want more noise.

You tube has real good videos (even with a street glide) so you can hear the difference without packing.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
I like them but about to remove the packing (but leave the baffle) for more noise (came from 88B motor with V&H straight pipes) so want more noise.

You tube has real good videos (even with a street glide) so you can hear the difference without packing.
I have the destroyers and like them. They are a little quieter than my old pipes but sound good. They are starting to break in with 3k miles on them. I was watching the videos and wondering about maybe pulling the packing. Let me know what you think after you have some miles.

TY
Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I really like the deeper rumble. Just want something a little louder. I tried to pull the end off (took both screw out) but couldn’t. Too tight.

I have a buddy who has a shop that I’ll go try it at when I update to stereo to ARC audio in a few weeks.

E

·
Registered
189 Posts
The easiest way to pull the baffles is to use a slide hammer with a hook attachment. You can usually rent the hammer and an attachment like a pilot bearing puller from autozone/O’Reillys auto Parts. Cheap and free to rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was able to remove them by hand and just twisting. Love the new sound!

Put the new HD modified seat by Custom Stitching out of Carlotte, shaped the way I wanted with a suede like material, stitching and new leather in the back, much more comfy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's actually one, you can't see it good in picture though:

https://www.getklocked.com/shop/sport-flar

Klockwerks 6'in. I use it when hot then I switch to the factory one when doing long distance or when it gets colder.

Thank you for the compliment, wanted something more sportier. Radio and seat so far are my favorite changes.

Eric.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that sucker is even smaller than what I have. I like my small one when the weather is 85f and higher.

So easy to swap, it's not bad to have two? but agreed, there is a bit more wind in the face.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts