Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had dealer do A stage 4 on my ride. used tts-200 cam and tts master tune tuner. dealer talked me out of including 64mm throttle body. said it was too much and would choke out my low end torque. other components were S&S mufflers with power duals. NUMBERS WERE 127 TORQUE AND 118HP. So would the 64mm throttle body improve my hp. numbers without sacrificing my torque? also didnt have decible reducers installed in mufflers. would they also improve performance? thank you for any help. Ido already have the 64mm throttle body ready for install if it will not hurt my torque.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The decibel reducer are more for low end torque for horsepower its not only the throttle body but injectors as well. Are the SE heads stock or did you get them ported and milled to CC. Do you have a dyno sheet to show? Cant tell if I cant see that sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
I think that size of Cam, if you went 58MM on the TB, you're good for the build - Those number are not too bad but of course can be improved with a bigger Cam, TB and 2:1.....but the $$ vs Rewards aspect is a bridge that only you can cross

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure why your dealer talked you out of the SE T/B. It's a better bang for the buck than the SE heads on the M8. I added just the 64MM T/B and injectors, and did a before and after dyno run. It added 3-4 hp and tq right from idle all the way through the rpm band. And that was with a TTS-200 cam.

My 2017 stage 3 did 130 tq and 120 hp with the SE TB, TTS-200, fullsac header and slip-on's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's great! mine is going back to the dyno on Thursday for the 64 throttle body tune. now just trying to decide if I should put in the decibel reducers for better performance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The TTS200 is a 0-4,500 low rpm torque cam. Unless your looking for it to be real snappy below 3,000 you should be fine without the db reducers. My fullsac header and slip-on's with 2 1/4" baffles peaked 130 torque at 3,200. It pulls good down low but is snappiest from 2,800-4,000.

BTW- porting the manifold is good for a few extra hp's as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks! I already have the decibel reducers. never did A dyno with them in. figured I will see what they do for my performance. hoping they don't hurt my horsepower. I don't think it will affect my tune if I take them out when I want it to be louder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice so you picked up 3 lbs tq and 6 hp. Did you port the TB manifold or leave stock?

So your dealer said it would kill your low end torque, what did they say after this?

Your numbers are almost identical to mine.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You need to find a more knowledgeable wrench.

Throttle bodies are not the same as carburetors. They do not need to flow a certain minimum velocity of air to work correctly. A throttle body just lets air in and has no ventures or boosters that have a minimum flow velocity before they work properly.

If your heads will flow enough air at the given specs of the cam to use the larger throttle bore, it should have been included in the work done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really hope your dealer installed the 64 TB for free after he misled you in the first place?? I’m glad it all worked out for you in the end... Very nice numbers from the 107..

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm not sure how the dealer "talked" you out of the 64mm throttlebody because when you buy the Stage 4 kit that comes with the CNC heads, the kit includes the 64mm throttlebody and 5.5 injectors as well as the stiffer clutch springs (which may have been installed but I didn't see you mention them)

·
Registered
70 Posts
He said that he had the throttle body, but didn't have them install it. Dealers can be convincing talking about what the don't know about.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would still install the bigger throttlebody if the higher flowing heads are installed. The way I look at it, you’ve installed higher flowing heads, bigger cylinders and a better flowing / more open exhaust; why not get more air in? Would you rather breathe through a straw or a garden hose?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts