Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was asked, several times, on the 2016 run "where are we going next year". So, I made an on-the-spot decision, without consulting anybody, to do a ride focused destination again. So...

The 2017 Spring BBQ Run will be in Maryville, Tennessee, on April 20th thru the 23rd.

Details to follow.

DETAILS: Due to recent enactments by the Tennessee State Legislature, and signed into law by the Governor, I have decided to cancel this event.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's on the calander

It was asked, several times, on the 2016 run "where are we going next year". So, I made an on-the-spot decision, without consulting anybody, to do a ride focused destination again. So...

The 2017 Spring BBQ Run will be in Maryville, Tennessee, on April 20th thru the 23rd.

Details to follow.
Since I'll be retired by then and should be living very near, can't imagine missing it. Good call Tim.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Since bar-b-que seems to have little to do with the Spring Run anymore I suggest you change the name to just that, the Spring Run. I don't think Marysville has a lot to offer in the form of bar-b-que then the normal fare although I do remember somewhere that serves bar-b-que as well as Jack Daniels 'cause I remember the Jack Daniels girls walking around, though its all a bit fuzzy :surprise:

Texas one year would be a great destination for a Spring Bar-B-Que run. In fact there's so much good bar-b-que down there you could do a bar-b-que tour of however long you wanted and still not scratch the surface.

As far as a destination though for a Spring Run there's few better then Marysville. The Foothills Parkway, Dragon, Cherahola Skyway loop would be enough for one day of great riding!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Ill be in the area on the other side of the mountain in June but not sure if I'll have time to go bar-b-que hunting in Marysville.

I just got back from Eureka Springs and while we rode quite a few miles I noticed something funny about my tires. The tread in the middle seem the same but the edges seem much more worn :grin::surprise::grin:

·
Super Moderator
1,787 Posts
Ill be in the area on the other side of the mountain in June but not sure if I'll have time to go bar-b-que hunting in Marysville.

I just got back from Eureka Springs and while we rode quite a few miles I noticed something funny about my tires. The tread in the middle seem the same but the edges seem much more worn :grin::surprise::grin:
That's the best kind of riding, any ol' Tom, Dick or Harry can wear down the middle of the tread. It tells me you like "livin' on the edge".

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
1,647 Posts

I was told those are called "chicken stripes". The smaller the stripe the better.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since bar-b-que seems to have little to do with the Spring Run anymore I suggest you change the name to just that, the Spring Run. I don't think Marysville has a lot to offer in the form of bar-b-que then the normal fare although I do remember somewhere that serves bar-b-que as well as Jack Daniels 'cause I remember the Jack Daniels girls walking around, though its all a bit fuzzy :surprise:

Texas one year would be a great destination for a Spring Bar-B-Que run. In fact there's so much good bar-b-que down there you could do a bar-b-que tour of however long you wanted and still not scratch the surface.

As far as a destination though for a Spring Run there's few better then Marysville. The Foothills Parkway, Dragon, Cherahola Skyway loop would be enough for one day of great riding!
This will always be a BBQ Run, and we will always end up Saturday Dinner at a BBQ Joint.

This Run will be to The Shed, which just happens to be at Smokey Mountain Harley-Davidson. I have it on good word from a Trusted Source, who shall remain nameless (but her initials are Wanda Treat) that this is good BBQ.

I am also getting more than one response to my request for bids on a block of rooms.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

After last year's Sugarfire run, where Troy flew down from Calgary and rented a bike, it only had 300 or so miles on it when he picked it up. Brand new tires. When he turned it in, the guy inspecting it said "you done wore the nipples off the tires".

That is the kind of riding I want at the BBQ Runs.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts