Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling dumb but kinda funny at the same time........put new bars on my 2017 Ultra and took pictures as I disassembled everything. However, as I'm reinstalling the twist grip sensor there are two connectors at the end that installs by the speedo housing area end. One has about a half-dozen wires and easily snaps into the matching connector. However, the second connector is a black plastic connector with two wires, black and white. For the life of me I can't figure out if there is somewhere it needs to be plugged in.

I took a picture of the other connector but not this one, which makes me think possibly it doesn't connect anywhere. I'll try and upload a picture of the connector but if anybody knows can you let me know. I've tried looking all over without any luck. I believe this is specific to the 2017 as I've seen some other models that the connectors are different

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response and that's exactly what I'm thinking. Hopefully somebody can confirm. It would solidify why I didn't bother taking a picture of that specific connector if it was just hanging there. I'll try digging around and see if I can find a tutorial on the heated grips and see if that's it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just put my bar on Saturday and mine had the same plug,if you will look you will have one on other side also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all, the bike is all back together.....after all that work, I didn't like the Klock Werks Klip Hanger bars that I put on, so I disassembled it all and put the original bars back on. Oh well, at least I put the lighted switches on while I was at it.

I guess I'll have a set of bars for sale shortly :smile:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hey SharkBite, I know that a lot of folks here LOVE their Factory47 bars, but I want to point you to a couple of other potential options as well;

Road6Customs
FMB Chopper Parts

Of particular interest might be the FMB bars. They have 3 or 4 bars they build using 1-1/2" tubing and that extra diameter really helps with the wire pulling aspect of the bar swap. Both manufacturer's offer bars that are reasonably priced and quality is above acceptable.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey SharkBite, I know that a lot of folks here LOVE their Factory47 bars, but I want to point you to a couple of other potential options as well;

Road6Customs
FMB Chopper Parts

Of particular interest might be the FMB bars. They have 3 or 4 bars they build using 1-1/2" tubing and that extra diameter really helps with the wire pulling aspect of the bar swap. Both manufacturer's offer bars that are reasonably priced and quality is above acceptable.
I appreciate it....I'll do some looking but for the meantime, I'm pretty happy with the factory bars. The reason I tried the klip hangers is because a member here had them for sale and on my previous bike I had the 'helibars', which were also adjustable. The helibars are more adjustable (at 3 spots instead of 2) and worked great on the last bike.

Nothing wrong with the klip hangers but they are so close to the factory bars, in regards to the position that is most comfortable for me, that it really didn't make sense to use them. From what I understand, the bars on my Ultra are already higher than the bars on the other road glide options, so on one of those bikes these may make better sense.

I've had some 'up there' apes before and I certainly wasn't looking for that. I was just looking to go up very slightly so that I could bring the bars back closer to me. I prefer them to be as low as reasonably comfortable because I feel like that gives me the most control and comfort on tight turns etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts