Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bike was tuned with a Power Vision tuner by the dealer. 2 things that a worrisome is that the bike spark knocks running on the interstate and I am not sure these numbers are very good. 109hp 113ftlbs. The torque curve looks great on the paper. What is everyone’s opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Definitely should not have a spark knock going down the interstate. Seems like numbers could be higher as there is 107's getting 105 torque and around 110 hp with looks to be just a cam upgrade as stage 2. But that is aftermarket cam. Is your a se cam? Plus every Dyno can be off. Another Dyno may show higher numbers. Main thing is get the spark knock taken care of.
Good luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yea, dyno numbers vary with so many other factors out of your control and of course some guys are better than others at tweaking the tune. As stated, spark knock should not be there.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike is at Sheffer Performance HD right now. Seeing if Daren can get the spark knock figured out.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I'm curious as to why you had it tuned there if it's so obvious.

Because they had never failed me before. I think there is something else the matter with than a tune issue. First pull on Darren’s dyno was 98 hp 104 ftlbs. The dyno sheet they gave me was 109/113. I will go out on a limb and say probably not that much difference in dynos. I know all dynos are different but I would not think 10hp 10ftlbs. I am sure he will get it figured out. The bike has been to the dealer 4 times for the spark knock issue because of the warranty. I am done worrying about the warranty I just want the bike to run right.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Because they had never failed me before. I think there is something else the matter with than a tune issue. First pull on Darren’s dyno was 98 hp 104 ftlbs. The dyno sheet they gave me was 109/113. I will go out on a limb and say probably not that much difference in dynos. I know all dynos are different but I would not think 10hp 10ftlbs. I am sure he will get it figured out. The bike has been to the dealer 4 times for the spark knock issue because of the warranty. I am done worrying about the warranty I just want the bike to run right.

There are good tuners at dealers. Not every dealer but they are out there. Interested to hear what he finds out. Seems like a big difference. Obviously numbers will be off but even a stage 3 should have better numbers than that on any Dyno.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are good tuners at dealers. Not every dealer but they are out there. Interested to hear what he finds out. Seems like a big difference. Obviously numbers will be off but even a stage 3 should have better numbers than that on any Dyno.

The first run they did was with the SEPST and it was 103/106. I then thought I chose the wrong exhaust. STFU Motorcycles has a video of a 124 build with a Pro Pipe and the sheet looks good with that pipe. Maybe it’s sumping and causing it to lose power. I know the dealer was not interested in investigating any problems causing the lack of poweror spark knock. They told me to ride it till it blows up !

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well here is the final sheet after Daren worked his magic. Told me the rear cylinder was at 17-1 air fuel ratio at cruise speed. He also replaced the plug wires. They were acting screwy with the tach on the dyno. I just sent him my stock black wires so that cost me nothing. I am not even sure the original sheet the dealer gave me was my sheet lol. 98hp to 110hp and 104 ftlbs to 116 ftlbs. I haven’t been able to ride it cuz of shitty roads but I bet it runs way better.

·
Registered
500 Posts
well here is the final sheet after Daren worked his magic. Told me the rear cylinder was at 17-1 air fuel ratio at cruise speed. He also replaced the plug wires. They were acting screwy with the tach on the dyno. I just sent him my stock black wires so that cost me nothing. I am not even sure the original sheet the dealer gave me was my sheet lol. 98hp to 110hp and 104 ftlbs to 116 ftlbs. I haven’t been able to ride it cuz of shitty roads but I bet it runs way better.

Nice work looks good glad to hear it is running better!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work looks good glad to hear it is running better!

I haven’t rode it yet. Weather sucks. He said its fixed. We shall see.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am sure it will be. 17:1 is way to lean sounds like they figured some stuff out though. I am sure it will be much better.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Now I'm curious as to why you had it tuned there if it's so obvious.
Looks like his tuned went from worst to better!!
Better or worse???? One or two???:nerd::nerd:
Frinken eye testing:nerd:
For a 114ci, should see good numbers....Good job Op. Or Darren gets free beer ??

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like his tuned went from worst to better!!

Better or worse???? One or two???:nerd::nerd:

Frinken eye testing:nerd:

For a 114ci, should see good numbers....Good job Op. Or Darren gets free beer

Daren gets free beer for sure ! Pretty sharp dude.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts