Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 CVO seat and after 80 miles I'm very uncomfortable. Will adding a gel insert into the stock seat make a big difference or is it a waste of money? The airhawk is my last resort, I like to look of the stock CVO seat and I have short legs so I'm already on my toes at stop lights.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have a 2018 CVO seat and after 80 miles I'm very uncomfortable. Will adding a gel insert into the stock seat make a big difference or is it a waste of money? The airhawk is my last resort, I like to look of the stock CVO seat and I have short legs so I'm already on my toes at stop lights.
Call mean city. Maybe they can lower (narrow) and make it comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my seat back today from the upholster and it looks completely stock. They installed 5/8ths inch think conformax gel into the seat. I will post a ride report when it's not raining.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You missed a few days of perfect weather last week!!! I was at Shady Maples on Thursday and enjoyed those sunny, 70 degree temps!!!!

I just got my seat back today from the upholster and it looks completely stock. They installed 5/8ths inch think conformax gel into the seat. I will post a ride report when it's not raining.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 CVO and did 130 miles on it, while it was fairly comfortable the seat kept pushing me forward. I have a guy working on it now to take an inch off and put in a "1/2 medical grade gel pad. I'll let you know how that does once I get it back and ride it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You missed a few days of perfect weather last week!!! I was at Shady Maples on Thursday and enjoyed those sunny, 70 degree temps!!!!
I actually didn't miss any of that weather. I took my seat in Monday night and picked it up today. Great service. When you make an appointment you only lose your ride for the day. i know you ate well:smile:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Don't waste your money it didn't work
Bummer, I think gel is more for shock absorption then comfort. It also gets really hot in the sun and stays hot. Dense foam seems to work best. Maybe you can get it custom fitted. If it's good locally you can always get an Airhawk R pad for long trips. I have one and I can ride all day on it. I just got a 2016 CVO street glide seat and I think it's very comfortable. Put almost 5 hours on it one day and felt great. I wonder if they changed the foam in the 2018's.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have the same seat in vinyl. I did not like it except for a cool solo ride with just the rider pillon.

I have just bought the backrest from CVO Backrest people were recommending to me.

I am looking forward to receiving it soon and try it on (it takes a few days to ship it to Europe).

I recommend to you to try this seat rather than to inser gel into your seat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered a Mustang super solo with backrest that is 17 inches wide. The Supershox that I had installed fixed the suspension, now I just got to get the seat right so I can do long days.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just ordered a Mustang super solo with backrest that is 17 inches wide. The Supershox that I had installed fixed the suspension, now I just got to get the seat right so I can do long days.

You will love the Mustang, have one on my Fatboy, just ordered one for my RGS, Revzilla has them at $503, about $50 cheaper than right from Mustang

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will love the Mustang, have one on my Fatboy, just ordered one for my RGS, Revzilla has them at $503, about $50 cheaper than right from Mustang
That is exactly where I purchased it. Should be here Tuesday. Man I hope your right I only want to do this once. I considered Ultimate seat but felt more comfortable with the Mustang. If the Mustang works out I'm going to recover it to look like my CVO seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worst ride of my life!

I hate that bike! I get over 2 hours on it and I’m ready to burn it! Changed the shocks, put on a $600 Harley Hammock seat, changed the bars, nothing works! I hate this $50,000 bar hopper!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out the video from Astech Seats. I have '13 and bought a 2012 CVO seat and sent it directly to Astech. I couldn't be happier....able to ride all day with no burn

·
Registered
395 Posts
Kudos again on Mean City!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts