Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says CVO Road Glide has 150 Watts how? Is it each speaker or each pair of speaker that gets 150 Watts?

·
Registered
753 Posts
The system is 600W total. Each of the 4 speakers gets 150W. One amp powers the front fairing and the amp in the bag powers the lids. My lids are sitting on the kitchen table with the Boom II crap pulled out and ready to add DD VO 6x9. Still deciding on the front fairing setup.

The bike is still at the dealer having Stage 3 engine mods installed prior to delivery. It will never see the road with Boom components installed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ah so the amps are not all contained in the fairing. You loose bag space or in amp attached to lid?
The amp for the lid speakers is mounted in the right saddlebag at the rear of the bag, so yes you're giving up space in the bag. I never measured but think it's about 3-5" at the rear of the right bag.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It says CVO Road Glide has 150 Watts how? Is it each speaker or each pair of speaker that gets 150 Watts?
Two 300 watt amps, one in fairing for front two, one in left bag for bag speakers. Mine is mounted to the very back wall of the left bag, nicely wrapped, and I'd say I don't miss the space it takes up. I would guess it's 3" thick, it runs from top to bottom of the bag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another amp for lower fearings?

If i want speakers in lower fairings for a RG CVO 2018 can i put Another amp in the front fearing?

·
Registered
753 Posts
If i want speakers in lower fairings for a RG CVO 2018 can i put Another amp in the front fearing?

If you go boom it will go in right saddlebag. Aftermarket you can get 2 in the fairing or something like a 4180 that will easily run 6 speakers by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
roadie13 seems to think you can add a second amp under the fairing,,,, but it sure is full of stuff in there. Of course my dealer's tech guys says you can't add another amp in the fairing (no room)
but of course they would say that because that is what HD corp says. If HD corp says it, its the gospel. LMAO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts