Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah, what he said!!!^^^^^^^^^

Read some good stuff about that CR480 cam, nice to seem some real world feedback.

Sheffer Performance has installed and tuned a few in the 107 bikes. Usually around 120 torque on a stock 107. Bad ass cam and it sounds mean also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4000 miles and bike is still running strong. Have a 2000 mile trip planned for the end of August. Can’t wait.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad to hear it's working out.

beautimous dyno pull, man.

have fun and be safe; try to keep the front tire on the road lol

Thanks. I am very impressed with Sheffer Performance. He knows his shit. He said if anything happens bring it back and I will fix it on my dime. He is a stand up dude.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks. I am very impressed with Sheffer Performance. He knows his shit. He said if anything happens bring it back and I will fix it on my dime. He is a stand up dude.
did he explain to you what they did to the valves?
kinda curious as to how they treat the M8s

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New seats guides springs and a Performance valve job. What ever that is lol. Cycle Rama did the heads. I chose to do the heads so I didn’t have problems with leaky valves or broken springs later.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
New seats guides springs and a Performance valve job. What ever that is lol. Cycle Rama did the heads. I chose to do the heads so I didn’t have problems with leaky valves or broken springs later
oh, man. now you're talkin'. i bet those heads are real works of art.
they used to win a whole bunch of dyno shootouts in FL back in the day

prolly a 3- or 5-angle grind for velocity and pocket ports.

no wonder you get 140+ ft.-lbs. through 4500 rpm!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that is what he said. Angle valve job rings a bell. Stock throttle body with bigger injectors. Daren’s bike has a D&D on it and it hold the torque a little height through 4500. Maybe 3 ftlbs. Not sure I would be able to feel that.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh, man. now you're talkin'. i bet those heads are real works of art.
they used to win a whole bunch of dyno shootouts in FL back in the day

prolly a 3- or 5-angle grind for velocity.

no wonder you get 140+ ft.-lbs. through 4500 rpm!!!

We were not sure about the Pro Pipe but it did an excellent job in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
We were not sure about the Pro Pipe but it did an excellent job in my opinion.
um. yeah. i would say so!!!

they used a stock throttle body, too. tells me they're back to their "pocket porting" jobs. some people call it a "street port."
with higher port velocities you get better cylinder fill and higher volumetric efficiency throughout the entire rpm range. the more air you can cram in there, the more fuel you can add to it. kinda like a cheap supercharger.

it's amazing what a good port will do for an engine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
um. yeah. i would say so!!!

they used a stock throttle body, too. tells me they're back to their "pocket porting" jobs. some people call it a "street port."
with higher port velocities you get better cylinder fill and higher volumetric efficiency throughout the entire rpm range. the more air you can cram in there, the more fuel you can add to it. kinda like a cheap supercharger.

it's amazing what a good port will do for an engine.

Cycle Rama has been building motors before some of these builders were born. Daren uses them for all of his machine work I think.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The numbers are impressive, but what is really impressive is that all the OEM parts that are still in play can handle that much power!

What kind of fuel economy numbers are you getting when you are just touring, and when you are "riding" it?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
37 on interstate at 75-80 mph and I can get up well in the 40s on two lane. It’s all about the tuner. Daren is one. Of the best.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The numbers are impressive, but what is really impressive is that all the OEM parts that are still in play can handle that much power!

What kind of fuel economy numbers are you getting when you are just touring, and when you are "riding" it?

Talking about the OEM parts. I don’t ride it like a lunatic. I am sure most people think it is a 124 so the guy runs the crap out of it. That’s not me. I ride and tour like it’s a stock bike. Occasionally I will run her hard in 4th and 5th for a few seconds but I don’t do burnouts or ride wheelies. That’s just not who I am. When on the interstate in 6th there is no need to down shift. 75-95 in an instant. Just twist and go. I told Daren that down shifting is not required lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts