Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

How are you all?
Happy belated 4th to everybody!

Have a quick question, hope you guys can help me with it.

I got a 2018 M8 scoot, and about 3 days ago, I washed it, since then when I turn it over, the idling is erratic starts at about 1000-1100 RPM, thendrops back and forth down to about 700 then 600 and up and then back down to 400 and shuts off completely.

Now those 3 days have since passed, and it is still doing the exact same idling problems - up and down,very erratic and shuts off (exactly the same as noted above!).

At first, I had a check engine light but that has since disappeared, however the idling has been on-going?

QUESTION: Would this be part of a bigger problem or am I just panicking?

Right NOW: All its doing is idling like shi just like above......any ideas whats going on?

Thanks
John S

·
Registered
927 Posts
Since it started after easing it. I would check and dry out all electrical connections associated with EFI.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are you doing your testing in the garage? If that is the case, get the bike out on the road and ride it for an hour or two to get it good and hot AND dried out. If it was running fine before you washed it and you started having problems after washing it, there is your problem. Did you run the bike through a car wash or use a high pressure water hose? There is your problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you doing your testing in the garage? If that is the case, get the bike out on the road and ride it for an hour or two to get it good and hot AND dried out. If it was running fine before you washed it and you started having problems after washing it, there is your problem. Did you run the bike through a car wash or use a high pressure water hose? There is your problem.
Ok bro... I gotta ask.. Just because allot of stupid goes on.. Do people really run their bikes through a car wash?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not only do some riders wash in the car washes but my Harley Dealer has a 3000 psi power washer that he uses on every bike that comes in for service. They call it part of their customer appreciation package. If you bring your bike in for service the wash is free. If you just bring it in just to get a wash it is $65.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts