Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

How are you?
I got a quick question for you guys.

I have a 2018 Road Glide Custom/Standard.

As you know, the stock harley (OEM) headers and mufflers are really quiet because of the cats.

I think I voided my warranty but that' besides the point.

I bought the RCX Exhaust headers (RCComponents) in ceramic black for my 2018 HD Road Glide.

As I compared the stock harley (OEM) headers to my new (aftermarket) RCX, my new RCX headers seemed a bit thinner in terms of construction.

I'm now questioning there durability?

Because they seem to be a bit thinner than my stock harley headers, will they be able to sustain the heat the pipes will give off when riding, especially in the summer?

I actually bought the TAB BAM'S sticks with the zombie baffles (aftermarket exhaust pipes).

My question is, has anybody any news on the RCX Exhaust headers, what do you guys think of them?

I found them on the West End Motorsports website because they were advertising all there various slip on mufflers and using the RCX Exhaust headers as they were promoting there products.

In other words, West End Motorsports like the RCX headers and are promoting them.
Any thoughts or experiences with RCX headers?
Are they junk?
Are they good?

Thanks
John S

·
Registered
609 Posts
Any thoughts or experiences with RCX headers?
Are they junk?
Are they good?
I've had nothing but good experience with RC Components RCX Exhaust products. Not to mention that they do offer a lifetime warranty so if you were to ever have any issues you would be covered for any defects in the manufacturing process.

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RCX headers Tormentors HD

very throaty sounding header.
I installed the TAB BAM sticks with the zombies and they sound beautiful.
A definite upgrade from the stock sewing machine sounding exhaust that came with my 18' Road Glide.
I added the TAB tip extension to give it a bit more nicer look.

I couldnt decide between the bassani and the rcx
so I chose the RCX headers.
They sound great.
Youll enjoy them!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
What was the deciding factor between the RCX and the Bassani head pipe? Just got a call from my dealer. The RCX Tormentor I bought does not fit on my 2018 RGS. Head pipe either hits or has less than 1/8 inch clearance in some spots. My dealer suggests the Bassani instead. Any opinions about the Bassani Tru Duels?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had a rcx 4" exh with fm 2-1-2 ceramic header-with same header the rcx is a little louder the Rinehart 4" exh.if you pull the exh apart,the rcx is built better than Rinehart.--Rinehart tips will fit the rcx pipe-I have used the Rinehart 4" slotted tip on both pipes

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the Tormentors on my 2018 RGS, quality seems fine but the fitment sucks. They are suppose to mount to the tranny, but there is/was no way in hell that was happening.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the Tormentors on my 2018 RGS, quality seems fine but the fitment sucks. They are suppose to mount to the tranny, but there is/was no way in hell that was happening.
I called RCX before ordering their Tormentor head pipe to ask about fitment issues I had read about on the forums. I was told they were aware of the issue on the 2018 RGS and the problem had been taken care of. I ordered the Tormentor because I already have RCX RAGE slip ons on the bike. I felt like it made sense to keep components the same and I really liked how the slip ons sound with the stock head pipe. My dealer called yesterday and informed me the Tormentor did not fit(exhaust pipe was hitting the tranny). RCX wants the dealer to send pics and then they will send another head pipe. Dealer doesn't want to waste their time if this is on ongoing problem. I am now caught in the middle. Dealer told me they have had good luck with BASSANI 2-1-2 head pipes and the stock heat shields will work. I'm having the SE torque cam, SE pro tuner and a SE high flow wedge air cleaner installed. Should I forget the head pipe and stick with the stock head pipe?(I've been told that the change from stock, performance wise, will be negligible with the other mods I'm doing). Should I give RCX a chance to fix the issue? Any suggestion for an alternative ceramic coated head pipe in black? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have that setup on my 2018 Roadglide. I actually have the S&S 124CI kit and the headers and slipons have held up fine for over 7k miles so far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts