Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just bought a 2018 Road Glide (Standard) used and did not get a security fob with it. The dealer actually had to order new keys before delivery. (I suspect the dealer lost the keys and Fobs) The dealer told her "This model did not come with a security system so you would have to buy the add-on security system with new Fobs to get that.
I did not even think a 2018 Road Glide would come without basic security and fobs.

Could the dealer have disabled the security system so they did not have to provide key fobs to her?

The little red blinky security light on the cluster does not blink ever. Just turn the ignition switch and start.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The dealer told her "This model did not come with a security system so you would have to buy the add-on security system with new Fobs to get that.
your dealer is correct. no security system, no ABS.

i like it that way, personally...

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
That bike was around $21k new. Hopefully your friend realized what it was when buying instead of thinking it was $26k to $28k new.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That bike was around $21k new. Hopefully your friend realized what it was when buying instead of thinking it was $26k to $28k new.
I expect her used purchase price reflected that same reduction in cost. but knowing all of the little things between Standard and Special I'm not sure. So reason for asking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts