Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RG Forum
i bought a new 2018 FLTRXS 8/29/2018. And have had some issues with the security system activating. 2 days after buying my RGS, the system activated while out of town. Entered the bypass code a couple times with the screen going blank the first time while attempting finally working after a couple trys. HD put new batteries good to go.... 2nd time within a week of last issue. HD came and got the bike. Checked the electrical system no issues found. Brought it home. The same day went to go for a ride and it happened again! Next day went to drive it to the HD the system worked...... They've tried to replicate it with no success. This is the third time in less than two weeks. Still at HD can't find out what's up......

Since then HDs troubleshooting has gone through the entire electrical system to ensure everything was secure, replaced 1 fob, the BCM and BCM antenna. that was the last thing done before winter. So I haven't been able to check yet this year.

The bike was at the dealership 14 times and stayed there 15 days for this issue.

Minnesota has no Lemon law for motorcycles......:frown:

What should I do??

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Well why don't you ride it and see if what they changed actually fixed the issue. If not then you can call the MoCo to log a formal complaint and get a case number. It may not be a quick resolution as they will still have to duplicate the issue and will all hinge on that. Logging a formal complaint with the MoCo will help the process though and they do take it seriously.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well why don't you ride it and see it what they changed actually fixed the issue. If not then you can call the MoCo to log a formal complaint and get a case number. It may not be a quick resolution as they will still have to duplicate the issue and will all hinge on that. Logging a formal complaint with the MoCo will help the process though and they do take it seriously.
I definitely will. The issue with the security system is so intermittent. I just have to get some road time in.

The Minnesota weather isn't cooperating. We have a potential snow storm this week......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts