Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is I have a 2018 road glide special. I had the heavy breather and some S&S slip ons installed when I bought it and I also bought the SE Tuner as well. After having the bike a year I had the Stage II torque kit installed by the dealer and they mapped with the tuner I previously bought. I can no longer find my tuner at all. I am wanting to switch exhaust from the S&S slip ons to the Python Rayzer 2-1 side dumps. Since it was tuned twice previously do I need to get it tuned again after just switching the exhaust.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you switch it up and it still runs well then I would imagine that you’re all good. What you might look at instead is changing up the tuner to a Powervision or Thundermax, which are far better than the SE tuner in my opinion, but will void your warranty if you are still on one. You can send a company like FuelMoto your specs and they can send you a tune for them. If it were me and my American Dollars, that’s the way that I would go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Zfleck. If you put them on and it runs good, run them. If not and you are out of warranty, go with an aftermarket tuner. My 17 came with the torque kit, SE tuner and RC slip ons when I bought it. I went with a Billet Cat and TTS tuner. Big difference in how it ran.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Stock Header with Slips to a 2:1 Side Dump...my $$ is on yes, you will need a tune as the bike probably will not run its best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts