Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I am curious if anyone knows if the factory OEM clutch and brake levers are just polished or are they actually chrome? I received a chrome pair as a gift. (These) They look awesome, but I am not sure there is a big difference in what I already have on my bike.

Wanted to see if anyone knew before I installed them...

Thanks all,
-Ryan

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Does anyone have those levers in chrome that that have used for a while? I was wondering how the chrome will hold up over time. Unlike other chrome parts, these will have a contact with gloves, sweat, and friction.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
duglauraflht - You got it! Excited now. Traveling for work; but a quick upgrade project for me next weekend!
Looks like mine installed....Get-R-done El Capitan....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Does anyone have those levers in chrome that that have used for a while? I was wondering how the chrome will hold up over time. Unlike other chrome parts, these will have a contact with gloves, sweat, and friction.
they'll hold up better than the stock ones will, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi all -

I had time this weekend to install the chrome clutch and brake levers. Man, what a BIG difference! Super easy to do; very very happy with them.

Thought I would share a couple pics.

Appreciate the advice / input.

-Ryan
Well done Ryan and congrats...Kahuna grips looks killer too. How do you like them compared to....well, OEMs....meh

I'm needing new grips for my new bars, get a grip were out of stock, previous worn out, but looking at yours, defiance and Burst grips...Looks good !!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well done Ryan and congrats...Kahuna grips looks killer too. How do you like them compared to....well, OEMs....meh

I'm needing new grips for my new bars, get a grip were out of stock, previous worn out, but looking at yours, defiance and Burst grips...Looks good !!!
Thanks man! I installed those Kahuna heated grips late last year... love them. I thought having heated grips was perhaps a bit over the top... OOOOOhhhh no, my friend. Nothing like cranking those bad boys up to like 3-4 and knocking off the chill. You seriously cannot go much above 4 without some good gloves on.. they get crazy hot. Aside from the creature comforts; the grips themselves are very nice. Still plenty of 'stick' for your hands... Added just that extra bit of 'pop' too...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Thanks! Once I pulled the first OEM lever off; I had no idea how much better the chrome set looked!!
Now you look at other bikes differently and saying in you head...dude!!!! Looks stock...meh!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yeah, thanks for this, guys. Now I'm standing out in my garage looking at my stock levers... meh. RG.Org strikes again! Say goodbye to another Hundred Dollars. :)
Jay, you know what?

Peer pressure is cool!!!!!:nerd:
That's a good start, then please, those MEH front forks....Fricken Meh....Big fan of Chromed or Blacked out front forks....just looks good!!!Hell, I'll even pay for it!:wink:.......Pics needed after mod.....Here's the forks look:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Jay, you know what?

Peer pressure is cool!!!!!:nerd:
That's a good start, then please, those MEH front forks....Fricken Meh....Big fan of Chromed or Blacked out front forks....just looks good!!!Hell, I'll even pay for it!:wink:.......Pics needed after mod.....Here's the forks look:surprise:
Nice try, but you're too late. I already felt the peer pressure on the forks. Took care of them as part of my winter project a few months ago. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice try, but you're too late. I already felt the peer pressure on the forks. Took care of them as part of my winter project a few months ago. :grin:
That's Badass Jay, well done....Whoa, I saved some money there, but I will buy you a beer during next years Shark week.....(10th Anniversary/2020 Gettysburg Or Bust).....Bet!!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Alright, back to the task at hand... levers.

Here's what we're working with: '17 RGU, Black Quartz. I'm sticking with a classic black and chrome scheme with this bike. I've got chrome 16" Vindikta bars w/black controls. I also have low profile HD tribal mirrors in black. I like the shape, size and functionality of them, so I don't plan on changing them.

So, the question is, do I go with chrome levers or black levers? I did an amateur photoshop hack job to see what black levers might look like vs how they are now. Opinions welcomed. Black or Chrome?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts