Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Like to welcome you with your first post...Hearty welcome!
21s would set off th at front end nicely instead of stock OEM...meh.
Those 21s and BARS would look killer...

Big fan of BARS!!!

Buddy just did up his 21s with blacked out forks!

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,061 Posts
Opinions vary, but I think it's generally accepted by pro builders that a 21" is a straight swap, a 23" can be a straight swap but handling will benefit greatly from at least installing a raked triple tree, lots of guys use the one from a trike which is believe is 7 degree. Some say that you should also rake the head before installing a 23". Anything larger (26/30/32) definitely need raked neck and raked trees. Here's Paul Yaffee from Bagger Nation on the subject:

Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation | RAKE YOUR BAGGER

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,061 Posts
PS: If you put a 21" on and plan to use the original fender, you'll want to elongate the fender mounting holes just a wee bit so that you can move the fender back a hair which will eliminate any chance of the tire rubbing the fender. If you are thinking of changing the fender over to something more streamlined, check out Klockwerks. They offer quite a few style options, the correct mounting blocks, and a finely finished fender that you're painter will hardly have to touch before spraying. Have fun with this mod, it'll change the look of your bike for the better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
PS: If you put a 21" on and plan to use the original fender, you'll want to elongate the fender mounting holes just a wee bit so that you can move the fender back a hair which will eliminate any chance of the tire rubbing the fender. If you are thinking of changing the fender over to something more streamlined, check out Klockwerks. They offer quite a few style options, the correct mounting blocks, and a finely finished fender that you're painter will hardly have to touch before spraying. Have fun with this mod, it'll change the look of your bike for the better.
Do you just elongate the rear holes and move it forward a bit or all four and move it up a bit? Plan on going 21 in the near future.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Do you just elongate the rear holes and move it forward a bit or all four and move it up a bit? Plan on going 21 in the near future.

On the 15+ road glides you can’t just elongate the holes. You either needs brackets to lift entire fender up 1” or a new fender designed for a 21” wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
On the 15+ road glides you can’t just elongate the holes. You either needs brackets to lift entire fender up 1” or a new fender designed for a 21” wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate it! Going to buy the brackets and get ready for that 21" wheel :wink:

·
Registered
120 Posts
did you choose your 21" in oem style? If so, i will be more than interested to know which brand will you choose.

Can't wait to see final result, i'm a big fan of 21" front wheels

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Can someone tell me what the largest size wheel I can put on a 2018 Road Glide Special without re-doing the whole front end?
Any updates????Please post pics for SwoMacAttack!!!!
Big fan of 21s!!!!!:nerd:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I put on a 21 this winter. Went with a Russ Wernimont LS3 fender. Added Legend Axeo21 front shocks to lower it close to stock

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
23" to match Black HD Turbine

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know where I can get a 23" Black front wheel to match the style of the HD Turbine on a 2019 RGS.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Can someone tell me what the largest size wheel I can put on a 2018 Road Glide Special without re-doing the whole front end?
1 and done? Any Big wheels on that 18 Glide?

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
656 Posts
I look at big in a different-don't care for the tall wheels at all-imo they look silly-however the native bagger front end is pretty sweet-180-200 on the front

·
Registered
155 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts