Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BOOM II leaves a lot to be desired but I want to stay (for now) with a 4 speaker system. Am considering a Sound Digital amp 800.4 or 1200.4 pushing Beyma 6.5 in the fairing and replacing the lid 5x7 with 6x9's. Haven't decided on which 6x9's so recommendations are welcomed. I plan on keeping the stock head unit. I know I will need line leveler(s) and other cabling to accomplish this as well as a bracket for the 6x9's. My taste in music is old school rock n roll, r&b and some new stuff. Any ideas will be much appreciated. Oh my budget is up to 2k.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
First post needs a hearty welcome....Welcome.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Badd Azz Bikes 254.771.0009

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. $2k is a great budget, you can kill it with that. Badd azz bikes is a solid recommendation, used them on my 16. I haven't personally used the Beymas but they are popular on the other forum with guys doing big builds. With pro audio up front you will need some serious power in the rears to keep up at highway speed. It's relatively easy to do at 45 around town, much tougher at 70. Maybe aftermarket lids and a set of 8's in the lids with a horn for some fill. If you're anywhere near the Texas Hill Country look up Tailwind on the other forum, this build is in his sweet spot. He's not a dealer or anything, just puts together some killer systems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're right on about Tailwind. Very knowledgeable. He definitely steered me in the right direction. He's about 200 miles south of me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You're right on about Tailwind. Very knowledgeable. He definitely steered me in the right direction. He's about 200 miles south of me.
That sounds like a great excuse to ride 200 miles...

·
Registered
321 Posts
The BOOM II leaves a lot to be desired but I want to stay (for now) with a 4 speaker system. Am considering a Sound Digital amp 800.4 or 1200.4 pushing Beyma 6.5 in the fairing and replacing the lid 5x7 with 6x9's. Haven't decided on which 6x9's so recommendations are welcomed. I plan on keeping the stock head unit. I know I will need line leveler(s) and other cabling to accomplish this as well as a bracket for the 6x9's. My taste in music is old school rock n roll, r&b and some new stuff. Any ideas will be much appreciated. Oh my budget is up to 2k.
contact Peter Jensen with SOUNDZ on Facebook, audio expert IMO.
www.soundzbaggeraudio.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts