Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just picked up a set of the new Saddle Bag Guard Rails in Black (PN: 90201903).

Pulled them out, inspected them, they look cool!

Break out the instructions (I know, I know), and decide I'm going to do one side, then the other.

Well, it's going great on disassembly, but when I go to put then guard on, it hits on the muffler mount!

I'm running V&H 4 1/2 High Output mufflers, and the mount is BEEFY. It's got to be 1/4 steel. It looks like I'd have to trim it by about 1/2 forward, and about two inches down.

I'm not sure how I'd cut this. I'm not sure from a structural standpoint if I'd want to trim it.

Any thoughts?

I have sent an email to V&H to see if they have any ideas, or even an alternate mount.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, loosen the 2 bolts that hold the mounts to the mufflers, slide the bracket back, retighten the bolts.
Can you post a pic a little further away to include the entire bracket and muffler?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hell, if you can't move the bracket back as Member No.1 suggested, I would just knock the corner off the bracket enough to provide a little clearance for the rail, nothing a hand held grinder or Dremel tool couldn't resolve for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the other issue now is my CIRO LED Filler Panel lights are in the way.

SO, I have to try and pry one side off, then see if I can adjust the Muffler, and get them to fit. IF I can get them to fit, the CIRO lights are going to have to go.....

IF it's not one thing, it something else.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, the other issue now is my CIRO LED Filler Panel lights are in the way.

SO, I have to try and pry one side off, then see if I can adjust the Muffler, and get them to fit. IF I can get them to fit, the CIRO lights are going to have to go.....

IF it's not one thing, it something else.....
Can you take a few more pics of this issue? I'm curious to see what your issue is. I have V&H 45 Torquers on my 2020RGL, and I have the Ciro filler panel installed. No issue with fitment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have yours installed?

Can you take pictures?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong!!! (Won't be the first time, that's for sure!)

I THINK on the muffler, I can move the whole muffler forward, and that'll relive the bracket interference.

It's the CIRO filler light that comes down below the original Road Glide body panel.

I'm going to go fiddle with it some more...

·
Registered
78 Posts
You have yours installed?

Can you take pictures?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong!!! (Won't be the first time, that's for sure!)

I THINK on the muffler, I can move the whole muffler forward, and that'll relive the bracket interference.

It's the CIRO filler light that comes down below the original Road Glide body panel.

I'm going to go fiddle with it some more...
I will take some pics tonight.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does yours look like this? If not post some pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts