Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Road Glide Special with a boom stage 1. I?m wanting to put CVO aftermarket lids on, that will take 6? X 9? mainly Look at Polk Audio MM1 and 6.5 something like the DB692?s and equivalent 6.5 run maybe @150 Watts rms to all speakers maybe 6 cannot do 8 the pods would interfere with the DK Customs Outlaw 636v Monster round or dry filter am wanting but want to put seat speakers in to for as said 6. Was thinking J&M since told can do a little better than 157rms per 2 4 6 and 8 speakers. But no one can tell me J & M?s speakers frequency responses to their speakers either. The polks have some deep base and I?m seeking that too without going to a subwoofer. Any sites and suggestions feel free to chime in. I?m wanting full volume no distortion and make ones ears bleed LOL just kidding but get the picture. Want best bang for buck and made to sound good as 4 plus vs 2 speaker system.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Contact Alex at Bagger Audio Labs, let him know your budget and he'll take care of you. Lots of guys upgrade their systems over the winter so also may be able to pick up some good used equipment at a value. The polks won't get you where you want to be. I've ran JM before and they certainly won't get you there, loud but tinny to the point of harsh on my ears. Check the audio section of the other forum as well, tons of knowledge over there.

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
Heavy Metal ,,,,,

with the proper radio flash and J&M ROKKER Speakers and 630w ROKKER XXRP amplifier, STAGE4 ,,,, it will provide you with maximum power, good bass, mids and treble where it counts ,,,, on the highway ,,,,, ((see https://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=57 ,,,,,

if you go the 6X9" route for the bag speakers, most of the Pioneers I have tried will work well with the ROKKER 630w amp ,.,,,,

the 630w ROKKER amp will put out 157.5w RMS per channel into 2 or 4 ohms and there is a small switch on the side of it to make this selection ,,,,,

please let us know anytime that we can be of service ,,,,

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heavy Metal ,,,,,

with the proper radio flash and J&M ROKKER Speakers and 630w ROKKER XXRP amplifier, STAGE4 ,,,, it will provide you with maximum power, good bass, mids and treble where it counts ,,,, on the highway ,,,,, ((see https://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=57 ,,,,,

if you go the 6X9" route for the bag speakers, most of the Pioneers I have tried will work well with the ROKKER 630w amp ,.,,,,

the 630w ROKKER amp will put out 157.5w RMS per channel into 2 or 4 ohms and there is a small switch on the side of it to make this selection ,,,,,

please let us know anytime that we can be of service ,,,,

Kinda looking at Polk Audio 6x9 MM692 and MM652

Maybe J&M 630 amp the speakers can handle 150watts and 100 RMS

·
Registered
169 Posts
FWIW I had J&M on my SG and hated it. Sold it and switched RF amp and Infinity Kappa speakers. That was 2 bikes ago. Still need to decide what to do w/ my current bike.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watched a Rockford Fosgate installation on a road glide, and got to thinking you could put a 630 under radio and a universal amp plate like on the Rockford Fosgate, so why can?t one put 2 630?s in fairing or is only one needed to run 4-6 maybe 8 speakers at @157 Watts each?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts