Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I've loved CVO bags and the way they are only extended in the rear. You just don't see many of them and people normally go with the fully extended bags. I just wanted something different. I always wanted to put them on my old 06 road King but never had the money. Then when I bought my 15 RG I decided I was going to do it. Then the 2018 RG special came out and they have "CVO" style bags. Now I feel like if/when I do it I'm just going to look like I'm trying to make my 15 look like an 18. I realize how stupid this sounds. It's just the way my head works. So I think I'm still going to do it but I can't find them. Does anyone know where to get them other than through Harley?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Now I feel like if/when I do it I'm just going to look like I'm trying to make my 15 look like an 18.
no, get the bags that you want. the extended bags were available in 2015 on the cvo street glide. so it isn't just a 2018 thing.

as far as where to get them, can't really say. I've heard advanblack has a good rep.

Reactions: vring

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had some on my 2015 before I traded it in. I was the same way, Didn't really want the full extended bags as I didn't want to change out my whole rear end to make it look right. So I ordered through boardtracker. I think my total was around 1100 for color matched CVO bags, which was about 200 less before tax than my local dealer wanted.

Reactions: geo8866

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I don't know what color bike you have but with a "hard candy" color, I wanted an exact match. So I went with HD stretched bags. They were about $150 cheaper at Broadtracker Harley than they are listed at. If you go with OEM stretched bags, make sure you check out Broadtracker's prices. They were the best I found.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been looking for some aftermarket CVO style bags as well. Can't seem to find any, only fully stretched bags.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
I just danced this dance last winter and in the end......just went through my dealer and asked them to match discounts that were on the net (Boardtracker & Such) - I looked at EVERYTHING and in the end, went with the CVO Stretched for my '17 - Just tell your local dealer you want to be loyal, but need to be smart with your $$ too........if THEY are smart, they'll work with you on a price you are both happy with

Attachments

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I’ve been struggling with the Harley vs aftermarket stretched handbags. I like Harley’s, but the cost is really high. If I go aftermarket, like V-Twin, I might not get the same quality in paint and material as Harley. I think I’m going to try talking to my dealer tomorrow if they can match Boardtrackers. If they do, it’s a win-win for everybody.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I’ve got harley bags ONLY because i got a smoking deal on a set already my bikes color. If i were to pay full price I’d without a doubt go with Topshop bags. Quality is second to none and they come carpeted on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wevsspot

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would put after market bags on your bike, I hate the 2018 stretched bags. I think it looks stupid with the taper on it, to me it should the same
depth across the entire bottom of the bag.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I’ve got harley bags ONLY because i got a smoking deal on a set already my bikes color. If i were to pay full price I’d without a doubt go with Topshop bags. Quality is second to none and they come carpeted on the inside.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more. Many around here may remember my trials and tribulations trying to find a decent set of economy stretched bags. In the end I bit the bullet and bought Top Shop bags through the Factory Match. Bags and paint were spot on perfect. Well worth my $$.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Many around here may remember my trials and tribulations trying to find a decent set of economy stretched bags. In the end I bit the bullet and bought Top Shop bags through the Factory Match. Bags and paint were spot on perfect. Well worth my $$.
So the bags u show in your sig pic are Top Shop bags? May I ask how much for everything, bags and color match.

Post-edit: Duh, I just noticed u got an 18.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hey Lu, the Top Shop bags were on my black denim 2015 Road Glide. Yes, I do have a 2018 now :)

You can get a similar CVO style bag (I call them s-type extended bags because of the slight swoop downward at the rear) from the Factory Match. The swoop isn't quite as pronounced, but overall the bag is a bit deeper than the stock CVO bag. Here's an example;

2014-2016 Extended Bags New Style 4.5" TopShop

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
wow!!! $1400 for color match aftermarket extended bags. I think I can get MoCo ones from the dealer for less than $1100, and if there is an issue all I have to do is deal with the dealer to fix it.

I really dig the viper 3.5" bags from Top Shop, but again, cost is higher vs MoCo

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
wow!!! $1400 for color match aftermarket extended bags. I think I can get MoCo ones from the dealer for less than $1100, and if there is an issue all I have to do is deal with the dealer to fix it.
You're right, they aren't cheap. Depending on how much of a hurry you're in, you can watch for their sales. Usually they will run a couple every year that will knock a hundred or two off. If you really like the stock CVO style bags you'll probably find your best deal at BoardTracker.

The nice thing about the Top Shop bags is that they are extended a bit more than the stock CVO bags, they are made of fiberglass and they are carpeted. They are literally built like a tank, but don't weigh a whole lot more than the factory bags.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I really dig the viper 3.5" bags from Top Shop, but again, cost is higher vs MoCo
That's $1400 CDN dollars not US.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

Actually, right now, those TopShop 3.5" Vipers can be had pretty reasonably. TopShop has them on sale for $799, unpainted. TheFactoryMatch is offering them for $1000, painted and shipped. I talked to Brad @TFM yesterday to confirm it. I'll be ordering mine early next week, since I'm already having them paint a front fender for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts