Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RGS and I'm considering upgrading the suspension. Would y'all suggest doing the front or rear first? Also, what other brands should I consider besides Legends? I ride pretty aggressively and put around 20-25K miles a year on my bike. I commute with it every day as well as take a few out of state rides a year. 90% of my riding is solo. From what I have read Ohlins needs to be rebuilt at around 30k? If thats the case I'm not really interested in them. I don't know that much about suspension so I'm hoping y'all can help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Call and talk to Brian at Super Shox. He has been building racing shocks for cars for years and now builds awesome shocks for bikes. I recently upgraded my rear shocks from their premier to their premium to get the extra inch of travel. Both shocks adjust individually by turning the top sleeve by hand, no tools needed. And you can adjust any time, even on the side of the road if you need to. I have a spinal cord injury and they are the first upgrade I put on my 2015 RGS when I bought it new in 2015. What a difference. I love them. They made such a difference that I felt I had to do something to the front so I did Legends Axeo on it. But by far, the Super Shox made the biggest improvement. I do not work for Brian or Super Shox and I receive no compensation for any endorsements. Plus, he offers a 30 day test ride. I don't know anyone else that does that. Good luck!

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have personally owned 3 bikes with Legends. 1 Air Ride and the other two are Revo-A's. You get what you pay for with them. I suggest the rear first. For me the 12" Revo-A's work great with the stock front on the 18 up RGS/SGS. The 13" revo's I would suggest changing the front. JMO but that's what I think works together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1 Super Shox I had them on my 07 FLHX and the ride was super smooth. Now I will get them for my 2017 RGU, the stock shocks on any setting are too harsh.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have personally owned 3 bikes with Legends. 1 Air Ride and the other two are Revo-A's. You get what you pay for with them. I suggest the rear first. For me the 12" Revo-A's work great with the stock front on the 18 up RGS/SGS. The 13" revo's I would suggest changing the front. JMO but that's what I think works together.
How does the Air ride compare to the Revo-A? I’m running the Revo-A now. Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have DIY air ride, for last 15k miles, no issues, I wouldn't say they are the end all shocks but I like them, I had 944's before but they were too stiff because I ride solo most he time also.

And I would agree that rear is probably the first thing you would want to do.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
SuperShox got a lifetime warranty. Just send them back and they rebuild them for you for free.
They ride great.
I did the front first because I hated the brake dive the oem front suspension gave on the older models. On the Rushmore line the rear is the weak link.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just got my supershox today--on the bike ready for the ralley-i tried pro 944-hated them,my wife hated them-as stated with a 30 day trial how can u lose

·
Registered
487 Posts
How does the Air ride compare to the Revo-A? I’m running the Revo-A now. Thanks
The air ride is a little better IMO for two up riding. Easy to adjust for extra weight/loads. The air ride can be a little softer ride but I don't like the rebound of the air ride. I actually like the Revo-A better in pretty much every other way. Big plus for me is set it and forget it with the Revo-A. No lines to leak or air pump to die.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The air ride is a little better IMO for two up riding. Easy to adjust for extra weight/loads. The air ride can be a little softer ride but I don't like the rebound of the air ride. I actually like the Revo-A better in pretty much every other way. Big plus for me is set it and forget it with the Revo-A. No lines to leak or air pump to die.
Thanks, I ride solo 99.5% of the time. Being vertically challenged I thought having the ability to slam it to mount and dismount would be nice. I really like the Revo As and wouldn’t want to get a “worse” ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts