Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stage 1 with the SE auto tuner on it and was wondering if the speed limiter could be turned off?

·
Registered
49 Posts
you need a tuning device that has access to that parameter. Most likely will void warranty if a dealer plugs in their tech tool.

·
Registered
805 Posts
So... Just as a point of curiosity... Do the police models also have this obnoxious speed limiter issue?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
So... Just as a point of curiosity... Do the police models also have this obnoxious speed limiter issue?
Great question and I'm going to see if I can find the answer. I wouldn't put it past the MoCo to have a separate MAP for Police bikes in service and Police bikes that are sold to the general public. Even if the bike was in service and gets sold to the public it would have to be reflashed before it is sold. Just a theory though...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
i know a lot of times it isn't that someone wants to do something, but more a matter of being told they can't, but i have to wonder, do you often find yourself doing more than 107mph?

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
805 Posts
I do realize that this is/was aimed at the OP, but...

i know a lot of times it isn't that someone wants to do something, but more a matter of being told they can't,

Totally agree.

but i have to wonder, do you often find yourself doing more than 107mph?

Yes... :smile:

But seriously, out on the interstate where traffic likes to run into the 95+ range. In that kind of company, if I have to nail it to get out of the way of a bad situation...I sure as shit do not want to have that kind of hard cap in the way making me a sitting duck.

My - granted very not stock - 1987 Evo topped at just under 130mph ... I liked having that kind of room to play with in a pinch.

My 2010 tops at around 115 ... She needs cams to get where she ^needs^ to be..

Hard Capped at 107??? ...One of several reasons I'm happily keeping my 10.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
i know a lot of times it isn't that someone wants to do something, but more a matter of being told they can't, but i have to wonder, do you often find yourself doing more than 107mph?
Yes and mine is capped at 110mph which I believe all M8 touring models are. My 18' Fat Bob had the limiter set at 120mph. Been there several times and hate the limiter. Not that I would do the bikes max that often but definitely don't want to be held to just 110. JMO...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
My 16 would hot 119mph with the FP3 on it. Do I want to do that with the trike? Nope. But do I like that the 103s in my buddy's bike will beat me on the top end? Hell no I dont. But in 2 years. That won't be an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts