Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to install latest firmware for my 2019 RGS, got an error message that the update was interrupted and to turn the ignition to accessory and reinsert the usb. Not sure what happened to cause the error, now the radio is stuck with the error message and the touch screen wont allow the highlighted resume button to activate with either using the touch screen or the joy stick.

Anyone else have this happen and any advice?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Went to install latest firmware for my 2019 RGS, got an error message that the update was interrupted and to turn the ignition to accessory and reinsert the usb. Not sure what happened to cause the error, now the radio is stuck with the error message and the touch screen wont allow the highlighted resume button to activate with either using the touch screen or the joy stick.

Anyone else have this happen and any adDid it actually give you the message if you want to start update and, if so, how far did it get when it says it was interrupted? I think there was 6 modules and they were all fairly quick (which was the XM one)...that one took like 10 minutes before it said it was done. You did wait until it said it was done, right?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It never got to that point, I started the update with the usb drive and went on to doing other things in the garage when I came back after a bit probably half hour that was the message on the screen and now regardless of what I do it wont change.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Anyone else have this happen and any adDid it actually give you the message if you want to start update and, if so, how far did it get when it says it was interrupted? I think there was 6 modules and they were all fairly quick (which was the XM one)...that one took like 10 minutes before it said it was done. You did wait until it said it was done, right?

With he new touch screen I’m not sure how to do a hard reset to try to clear and start over?

·
Registered
301 Posts
It never got to that point, I started the update with the usb drive and went on to doing other things in the garage when I came back after a bit probably half hour that was the message on the screen and now regardless of what I do it wont change.
Before you walked away, did it ask and did you tell it to do the update?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Since it's still under warranty I'd be tempted to take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. If you feel like trying a couple of things before that option;

1. Remove the USB, pull the main maxi-fuse (large red fuse located under the left side cover) for 3 to 5 minutes, reinstall the fuse and see if the system resets.
2. Remove the USB, attempt to enter diagnostic mode and reset the radio back to factory defaults and then try the update again.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got the radio issue corrected today at the dealer, between myself and the tech we figured it out. Had to pull the fairing disconnect the radio, pulled what look like a SIM card and put it all back together. Finally the radio rebooted with the memory stick installed. Finally completed the update. Wow what a mess. But all seems to be fine now. Thanks tor all the suggestions and help.

PG

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Well got the radio issue corrected today at the dealer, between myself and the tech we figured it out. Had to pull the fairing disconnect the radio, pulled what look like a SIM card and put it all back together. Finally the radio rebooted with the memory stick installed. Finally completed the update. Wow what a mess. But all seems to be fine now. Thanks tor all the suggestions and help.

PG
Thank you for the update!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is why I generally stay away from these updates unless it has something I really need. But with the GTS still fairly new I figured this was an important one. I was lucky I guess and it went smoothly.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've update the radio on my bike 3 times already and the radio in my wife's Durango 3 times as well, with out any issues at all. I think a lot of times it has to do with the USB drive the updates are being done off of. I have one I use and I make sure the only thing on the USB drive but the particular update that I am doing and nothing else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts