Road Glide banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Most class D amps will kill FM. If you have a RMS DVM set you gains at 22 volts. Set Freq to 80Hz and adjust by ear from there.

Replace the amp. I use a usb stick or I stream from the free Amazon Prime music. You can stream FM on some Apps.

I am running a version of that system and it will blow away a 2 speaker off the shelf system. GZ speakers 299 SD400.4 Amp 250 LL's 90 Install kit 50 you will need some dyna mat I paid 30 ad have 10 sq ft left.
Obviously it’s going to be better then an off the shelf system I wasn’t asking if they compare. I’m an audio idiot, know next to nothing about it but I can easily install a plug and play kit that’s why they appeal to me. I wouldn’t know the first thing about piecing a setup together or what all to buy aside from what I read on here. And I definitely wouldn’t know how to tune it or anything like that. But if piecing something together is way cheaper Id have to give it a go, that’s why I was asking what all was used. If someone broke it completely down to the wiring kit used, amp mount all that would be a huge help for me.

Obviously it’s going to be better then an off the shelf system I wasn’t asking if they compare. I’m an audio idiot, know next to nothing about it but I can easily install a plug and play kit that’s why they appeal to me. I wouldn’t know the first thing about piecing a setup together or what all to buy aside from what I read on here. And I definitely wouldn’t know how to tune it or anything like that. But if piecing something together is way cheaper Id have to give it a go, that’s why I was asking what all was used. If someone broke it completely down to the wiring kit used, amp mount all that would be a huge help for me.
Haw many speakers and budget.
ok let me through this together.

utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison&gclid=Cj
wKCAjw2P-KBhByEiwADBYWCi7loqbU-OvCjOo7UHLl_ODNQzG3lLmPFwfPJkJuTUPOTqeWtmFhxRoCfNoQAvD_BwE

With the above set up you will need to cut a hole in the pods and it is easy and quick. the amp will sit on top of the headlight with velcro. I would run new speaker wires into the pods. I removed the pods ( 5 fasteners and super easy ) and the head unit this makes install quick and clean.

With the above set up you will need to cut a hole in the pods and it is easy and quick. the amp will sit on top of the headlight with velcro. I would run new speaker wires into the pods. I removed the pods ( 5 fasteners and super easy ) and the head unit this makes install quick and clean.
2 speakers, no budget. I just want loud and clear at highway speed don’t need anything crazy. I had a J&am rokker 2 speaker setup on my 18 street glide special and didn’t feel like I needed anything more.

I’ve seen about cutting holes in the pods that’s no problem. Won’t the amp fit in a mount? I’d rather do that then Velcro it to something.

With the 3M velcro that amp is going no where. I had 2 amps and a DSP in the old bike and nothing ever moved. A 1000.d amp was mounted on the side of the inner fairing, that amp is heavy and it never moved in 20,000 miles

OK, install completed, sort of. BTW Jack I have the same exact components, prices about the same. So I finish the install, in my garage, and turn on system, I have no friggin FM reception. Wheel bike out to driveway, marginally better, but not acceptable. So if I hold my hand on antennae I get reasonable reception of local(40-50 mile) station that I always listened to on stock set up(with same antennae). I checked all connex, moved the BT LL and the amp away from head unit, no change. Never removed any wires or harness from head unit.
Scratching my head on this one???
I'm about an hour away from both of the cities that have our local stations and the signal was so so with my system being completely stock (21 Road Glide) I added the 400.4 and a 400.2 as well as a stubby antennae after adding a chopped tour pack and I can still get a so so signal. I rarely use FM so it didn't bother me much either way especially since I can stream iHeart Radio

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.