Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAD A 475 S&S Cam put in with s&s headers with ethe screaming eagle air filter kit. they tried tunning the bike but had a hard time with it. they used a map off dyno jet p.v. but bike runs like shit. I am regretting doing any of this now.. what should I do? what should I go with? or to who? I live in phoenix Arizona if anyone knows anyone

·
Administrator
12,511 Posts
Have you tried calling the tech help line for the tuner?

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Call Fuel Moto. Who did you purchase the PV thru. My 475 cam runs amazing with their tune. Also what mufflers are you running

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
155 Posts
Call Fuel Moto. Who did you purchase the PV thru. My 475 cam runs amazing with their tune. Also what mufflers are you running
+1

You can (but should not) used a predetermined tune for your specific setup. Fuel Moto will provide support if you bought it from there. It sounds like you did not buy it from FM.

The predetermined [canned] tune on your bike with narrow band O2 sensors will only get you so far. It would also help for you to elaborate "runs like shit". Decel popping, not fueling or accelerating, acceleration popping, etc.

Harley Davidson of Scottsdale is highly recommended. I live in PHX and right across from MMI. The students at MMI in the Harley Davidson program always rave about the tools and equipment available for the technicians to use at HD of Scottsdale. I personally only know one person that has used HD of Scottsdale to resolve an issue that other local shops couldn't and he also raved about them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Have you taken it back where the work was done? You live in an area that’ll have good Dyno tuners available to you. If it were me I’d find one and use the Tuner suggested by him. I’m sure there are members that can recommend a good Tuner in the area. I’ll PM you a list of TTS tuners in AZ. Fullsac is one I’d recommend based on reputation from other members.

Reactions: Brandon Hoover

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Are you running the Power Vision Wideband module or the HD one. If you are then make sure the map you have is the map setup for the module. If not then make sure the Power Vision is not trying to utilize Wideband sensors when they are not present.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Trask in north Phoenix is supposed to be a wizard with this stuff and the go-to shop for tuning troubleshooting that dealers can't overcome.

I couldn't get Trask to respond to me since I didn't buy anything from them to begin with. No phone success & no email success. Another local possibility.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Trask in north Phoenix is supposed to be a wizard with this stuff and the go-to shop for tuning troubleshooting that dealers can't overcome.

I couldn't get Trask to respond to me since I didn't buy anything from them to begin with. No phone success & no email success. Another local possibility.
My Wide Glide was tuned by Trask, back in the early 00's, they're good. Really into turbos on Harley's last I knew of. Would definitely recommend, did that bike right, an EVO...

·
Registered
413 Posts
The 475 can be tricky to tune... They run okay on a canned tune, but do a lot better on the Dyno with someone that knows what they are doing...More information from you would help... What pipes are you using with the SS headers? I’m sure your bike is running lean downlow and has the 475 dip between 2-3200 rpm... All things that can be fixed with someone who knows what they are doing...

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can try Bill @ Desert Custom Cycles, very good with PV. Trask is very good with all tuners, very pricey. If you take it to Scottsdale Harley, make sure Dan ( Butthead) does the tune.
Who did the initial tune? Will they not retune it?

Reactions: mjsdouble

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was done at Harley so I do not own the tunner. I was starting to wonder if the cam timing is off. They had a map that should have worked or been close

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
It was done at Harley so I do not own the tunner. I was starting to wonder if the cam timing is off. They had a map that should have worked or been close
What kind of tuner did they use? Maybe I missed it in a previous post. I remember now. How do you tune with a PV but you don't keep it? Did you pay for the tuner?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Harley did all of this to your scooter? And exactly what is the scooter. And if they used a Power Vision map for a PC, it has to have one of those units on the scooter.

You basically have two choices, take it to an indy who has a dyno and let them correct the issue. Or swap it out for an auto tuner and fix it yourself.

There are a lot of potential issues with using a Harley dealer shop for this type of work. They are required to only use EPA approved tunes and that may be what you got, a tune intended to be used on a scooter with the cat still installed.

If that was my scooter, I would put a Thundermax on it and never look back.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What kind of tuner did they use? Maybe I missed it in a previous post. I remember now. How do you tune with a PV but you don't keep it? Did you pay for the tuner?
Yes he’s right most Dealers have a SHOP PV once the map is loaded your done.I do own my own PV sold my bike and kept it.You can mount it and tweak as you ride but when is enough enough.I got my hands full riding the back roads and changing channels on my 2020 the comment about pipes is real and should be looked at.Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts