Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the bike with about 50 miles after a customer backed out of the deal, it already had the stage IV upgrade with the dealer tune.

After 1k miles I had a guy in downtown Dallas that someone one recommended on one of the forums and he was able to tweak it really nice

Before with dealer tune 104 HP 106 FT
After tune 120 HP 126 FT

Best thing is that still has factory warranty because of the Harley stage IV done by the dealer, after warranty expires I'll probably change some things around, for now I'm happy.

Overall from stock 114 I'm very happy, bike pulls harder top to bottom and power is always there when needed, fits my ridding style :)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,636 Posts
That scoot oughta scoot real nice. A man can't have too much torque. HP might win you a drag race but torque makes you smile ever time you turn up the wick. Priceless!

Reactions: rlaf75 and 168313

·
Super Moderator
12,079 Posts
Congrats on having Your Glide Dialed in properly by a Bonafide Tuner.
Very Impressive Numbers for sure.
Just goes to show what can be done.
Enjoy Chief!
Mike U.

·
Read Only
2,975 Posts
That is interesting, shows how poorly the dealer did the upgrade job??
I mean, it was a stage 4 but had the power of a stock bike??
IMO, too many that post here, don't know their dealership yet allow them to do these upgrades. Here in metro Phoenix we have MMI, a great majority end up at dealerships. Experience matters when doing internal engine modifications and too many posts reflect that with the derogatory words towards the dealership. What does one expect? If I was to desire an engine modification, I would seek a known tuner, sorta like Lu, who just took his to FM. I have plenty here so I don't have to take a trip but if I had to, I would. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
so stock 114 to a stage 4 117, right?

I'm with you...get a new cam & tuner at least after the warranty expires to wake up that left side of the curve....

Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased the bike with about 50 miles after a customer backed out of the deal, it already had the stage IV upgrade with the dealer tune.

After 1k miles I had a guy in downtown Dallas that someone one recommended on one of the forums and he was able to tweak it really nice

Before with dealer tune 104 HP 106 FT
After tune 120 HP 126 FT

Best thing is that still has factory warranty because of the Harley stage IV done by the dealer, after warranty expires I'll probably change some things around, for now I'm happy.

Overall from stock 114 I'm very happy, bike pulls harder top to bottom and power is always there when needed, fits my ridding style :)

View attachment 418796
The second the tuner tweaked he logged the ECM you probably will get flagged for warranty once you take it in. Only way I could see it not happening is if he somehow tweaked the screaming eagle tuner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts