Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had 468 cam installed. Bike dyno'd before cam with a Thunderheader, Heavy Breather, Power Vision with canned mapped from Fuel Moto (I was really happy with their canned map - good job guys).

Only change was 468 cam and dyno. I did have S&S adjustable pushrods, S&S lifters, S& oil pump and cam plate, S&S tappet cuffs added.

No matter what the numbers say this bike is assume!!! With the cam it sounds just like my old S&S 113 Evo motor I had in a hotrod many years ago. It REALLY has a bite to it.

Very Pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just had 468 cam installed. Bike dyno'd before cam with a Thunderheader, Heavy Breather, Power Vision with canned mapped from Fuel Moto (I was really happy with their canned map - good job guys).

Only change was 468 cam and dyno. I did have S&S adjustable pushrods, S&S lifters, S& oil pump and cam plate, S&S tappet cuffs added.

No matter what the numbers say this bike is assume!!! With the cam it sounds just like my old S&S 113 Evo motor I had in a hotrod many years ago. It REALLY has a bite to it.

Very Pleased.
Shit!! Nice numbers, especially your torque peaking at 3200rpms. I bet she’s a blast to ride

·
Registered
540 Posts
Man.... that's some torque on that beast!!! Congrats and enjoy!!

Very Pleased.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Road it home last night in rush hour traffic so limited WOT time but getting around people was a breeze!

Rear tire held pretty dang good too. Weather is cool so power is way up and traction is low but it was very manageable.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Road it home last night in rush hour traffic so limited WOT time but getting around people was a breeze!
haven't been out for a few weeks now and cobwebs are starting to set in.
i would absolutely love nothing better than to hop on and disappear for a few days :nerd:

do you sublet lol

·
Registered
977 Posts
Congrats.....solid pull....Big fan of Andrews Cams

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had already bought the parts for this build in the beginning right after I got the bike (no, I can never leave anything alone).

But, the next step probably this coming fall will be 120" bore with a little more compression, Zippers 472 cam, 64mm TB, injectors, and lock up clutch. That should give me about the same power now with a passenger loaded with gear. I don't need more than I have now unloaded by myself. Don't want to out-power the rear tire or transmission. Don't care about the dyno numbers, just the feel of the bike get'n it!

But for now enjoying the ride.

Wife says I'm crazy.....I'm not. Just fun to play.
:grin:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did a video with my phone but the sound is NOTHING like it really sounds so no point in posting. I don't think the phone thing works.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
those are very impressive numbers for basically a stage 2 engine with a long duration cam...

i would have expected some cylinder and/or head work would be in order to achieve that amount of torque that low in the revs.
had you done anything to the top end at all?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
those are very impressive numbers for basically a stage 2 engine with a long duration cam...

i would have expected some cylinder and/or head work would be in order to achieve that amount of torque that low in the revs.
had you done anything to the top end at all?

You'd be surprised how well the stock heads flow. Unless you are going to the larger TB and injectors, and more cubes like the 124"/128"the stock heads flow surprisingly well. That's why some of these aftermarket cams are yielding some impressive numbers. Its just not a crucial as it was on the TC's to do headwork only now the bar is getting higher so it is all relative.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
You'd be surprised how well the stock heads flow. Unless you are going to the larger TB and injectors, and more cubes like the 124"/128"the stock heads flow surprisingly well. That's why some of these aftermarket cams are yielding some impressive numbers. Its just not a crucial as it was on the TC's to do headwork only now the bar is getting higher so it is all relative.
i'm not surprised about the M8 head flow at all.
that and the super efficient combustion are the biggest reasons i bought one.
with 2 intake valves they must have increased velocity, also, because air can get lazy real quickly with higher volumes.
being able to maintain volumetric efficiencies with software these days is really cool for an old carb guy.

i usually refer to FuelMoto's dyno charts for comparison because they're usually conservative (read honest)
to get anywhere close to the OP's 120 ft.-lbs of torque at 2,250 rpm would require a 120" engine & head mods according to their website.

just haven't seen this kinda torque that low in the rev band to compare it to.
woulda thunk it had more displacement.

it is very impressive!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts