Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight issue with my ‘19 Road Glide Special.

When I’m slowly backing, there is a clank in the front end. Not bad, just pretty noticeable. Now, the bike is not as smooth in the front and when I zig zag down the road to feel the vibration, it’s much worse when I’m leaned than straight.

4K miles. Any ideas before I have to leave it at the dealer for 3 weeks?

Tires are not cupped, they are ran to spec. My guess is brake calipers or steering head adjustment or lube needed.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I have a slight issue with my ‘19 Road Glide Special.

When I’m slowly backing, there is a clank in the front end. Not bad, just pretty noticeable. Now, the bike is not as smooth in the front and when I zig zag down the road to feel the vibration, it’s much worse when I’m leaned than straight.

4K miles. Any ideas before I have to leave it at the dealer for 3 weeks?

Tires are not cupped, they are ran to spec. My guess is brake calipers or steering head adjustment or lube needed.
Steering head should have been adjusted at the 1k mile service. The clank is most likely just the brake pads moving in the calipers. That is normal and is fine. The vibration issue could be any one of a thousand things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is also making a clunky noise.my rotors are loose ! They move back and forth. Back to the dealer next week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts