Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 2019 Road Glide Ultra comes with a 114 Milwaukee-Eight. So, which cam is in the engine? Previously, the 107 Milwaukee-Eight could get a torque or power cam as a Stage II. And the Stage III and IV kits would bump up the engine size to 114, with new cams in each kit.

So, now I'm curious. With the RG Ultra starting at 114, does it have the Stage III cam (SE8-498)? Or does it still have the original cam that comes in a stock 107? or something else?

On the same note, is this 114 engine essentially a Stage III without a tuner, pipes and air cleaner?

With the new RGU purchase, I know I need a new air cleaner and new pipes (and tuner). I was thinking I would get the Stage II torque cams as well, but not if the Stage III cams are already in the 114.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The new 2019 Road Glide Ultra comes with a 114 Milwaukee-Eight. So, which cam is in the engine? Previously, the 107 Milwaukee-Eight could get a torque or power cam as a Stage II. And the Stage III and IV kits would bump up the engine size to 114, with new cams in each kit.

So, now I'm curious. With the RG Ultra starting at 114, does it have the Stage III cam (SE8-498)? Or does it still have the original cam that comes in a stock 107? or something else?

On the same note, is this 114 engine essentially a Stage III without a tuner, pipes and air cleaner?

With the new RGU purchase, I know I need a new air cleaner and new pipes (and tuner). I was thinking I would get the Stage II torque cams as well, but not if the Stage III cams are already in the 114.
107s and 114s use the same cam in stock configuration. The CVO 117 cam is the same as the Torque cam, just a different part number. I’m getting ready to put some new, take-off 114 cylinders and pistons on my Glide with a CVO 117 cam. I’m in essence making a stage 3 kit with without the 498 cam and valve springs.

·
Registered
408 Posts

Good question I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
998 Posts
107s and 114s use the same cam in stock configuration. The CVO 117 cam is the same as the Torque cam, just a different part number. I’m getting ready to put some new, take-off 114 cylinders and pistons on my Glide with a CVO 117 cam. I’m in essence making a stage 3 kit with without the 498 cam and valve springs.

Not sure that will work. The 114 from the factory is not the same as the stage 3 114.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
998 Posts
The stock 114 gets its cubic inches from more stroke not bore size. If I am wrong somebody will correct me.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The stock 114 gets its cubic inches from more stroke not bore size. If I am wrong somebody will correct me.

You are 100% correct.

107 stroke is 4.375 & bore of 3.937
and the 114 has a stroke of 4.5 with a 4.0 bore

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
998 Posts
You are 100% correct.

107 stroke is 4.375 & bore of 3.937

and the 114 has a stroke of 4.5 with a 4.0 bore

I thought so but wanted someone with mor knowledge to back me up on that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But is this 114 on the 2019 Road Glide Ultra, the same as the previous M8 Stage III 114?

Does anything from the previous years' M8 Stage III kit come on the Road Glide Ultra (valve springs, tappets, etc)?

From what it sounds like, it's almost the exact same as the stock 107. Same cams and other hardware, just with a little more stroke and a slightly bigger bore.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No, its just bigger.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Not sure that will work. The 114 from the factory is not the same as the stage 3 114.

You are correct in that they are slightly different but they will still bolt in and work just fine. The stock 114" from the factory has a bore size of 4.016" and the Stage III kits bore size is 4.075". You would have to measure the volume to get what the exact CI's of the engine would be but as long as there aren't any valve clearance issues that would work. I would just measure out everything to see what the compression would be to see if it would really make sense to do that. I'm sure it will be done soon so I'll be interested to see what it turns out to be.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
You cannot use 114" OEM take off pistons in a 107" engine as the wristpin location is different due to the difference in stroke between the 2 engines.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You cannot use 114" OEM take off pistons in a 107" engine as the wristpin location is different due to the difference in stroke between the 2 engines.
After I went back and thought about it more I realized I was wrong. The jugs will work but then you would have to have pistons made to work with the bore and stroke and it's just better to get the jugs and pistons already designed for the stroke anyway. Hey, I'm not perfect. :wink:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wrist pin location is different on the 117" OEM pistons. If I were to use the 117" pistons with the cylinders on my 107", my compression would be too low. (I think). But I should be able to use the 114" cylinders, order the 114" piston/ring set and use the 117" cam (same as a torque cam)

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Wrist pin location is different on the 117" OEM pistons. If I were to use the 117" pistons with the cylinders on my 107", my compression would be too low. (I think). But I should be able to use the 114" cylinders, order the 114" piston/ring set and use the 117" cam (same as a torque cam)
The OEM 114" or 117" pistons will not work on the 107" engine. As noted earlier the 4.375" and 4.5" stroke motors have different wristpin locations respectively.

On a 107, to make it a 114 you would need to use the SE 114 pistons however note putting a new SE piston in a used cylinder and having the proper bore clearance is highly unlikely. You are much better off simply going to 4.125" (117") with an aftermarket piston and sizing the cylinder correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts