Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Road Glide Ultra (stock). I'm wanting to upgrade my stereo speakers to something better sounding. I'm not needing ear piercing sound, just a bit more volume for highway speeds.
I was about to buy the Infinity kappa 6.5" 621X speakers when I double checked the specs for my bike. Specs say that my bike comes with 5.25" speakers (4 of them)
Can somebody confirm for me speaker size for me and recommend some decent sounding after market speakers that will work for my application? I have a limited budget for now.

TIA

JT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have a 2019 Road Glide Ultra (stock). I'm wanting to upgrade my stereo speakers to something better sounding. I'm not needing ear piercing sound, just a bit more volume for highway speeds.

I was about to buy the Infinity kappa 6.5" 621X speakers when I double checked the specs for my bike. Specs say that my bike comes with 5.25" speakers (4 of them)

Can somebody confirm for me speaker size for me and recommend some decent sounding after market speakers that will work for my application? I have a limited budget for now.

TIA

JT
2014-2019s are all 6.5" mounting now...front farings are a drop-in.. no mods

you may need a 1/2"-3/4" spacer for the TP mounting... it will all depend on magnet clearance within the TP pod like the pic below... these are 6.5" Iron 65s that I install all the time with spacers and grilles.

You will need longer screws as well because of the spacer.. fyi

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Those Kappas speakers are a solid choice!!! Proven and tested by many systems and members here and HDF! Good luck...Nice bike too.

Maybe add a amp to push those speaks??
CV or Soundstream!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought I wanted to upgrade my speakers also, and still might at some point but I purchased a Long Ride Shields 13" in Stingray windshield and I can hear the radio sooo much better. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I thought I wanted to upgrade my speakers also, and still might at some point but I purchased a Long Ride Shields 13" in Stingray windshield and I can hear the radio sooo much better. Your results may vary.
Similarly the installation of a “16 LRS Stingray on my ‘19 RGU made a very noticeable improvement on being able to hear my tunes from the stock speakers. I got calmer air AND clearer music in one fell swoop! ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I ended up installing the Rockford Fosgate 4 speaker and 400W Amp while I was in Fayetteville AR this past weekend. I can hear my music now at interstate speeds and above. Hope I made the Right choice for lasting and dependability. Sounds great now.

Thanks for suggestions and opinions.
JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts