Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a '19 confirm if their rear shocks have a lock washer on the rear shock bolts. Just curious as I was about to slap my Shox on and noticed there is no lock washer and the bolts were not too secure. Every other setup I have toyed with had the bolt, flat washer and a lock washer. I also thought they used loctite patches on the bolts from the factory. Thanks peeps!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Factory was probably out of stock that day yours was built . I'd head to the local hardware store with bolt in hand to get a couple.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just a flat washer

Attachments

Reactions: BH#103

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, appreciate the help! One thing I found out with the help of @madmat is that it appears that in 2017 they stopped using the lock washer but increased the torque specification. The spec went from 35-40 ft/lbs with the lock washer on pre 2017 to 63-70 ft/lbs on the newer bikes without the lock washers. Just something to keep in mind. As I changed out the shocks on my '15 before I got rid of it and helping a friend install a set of Shox on his 2016, I know for a fact there were lock washers so when I did the job on the new scooter today it caught me off guard. And yes @Ohiobellboy, I did have that feeling that mine was the lucky one that didn't get them because the factory ran out that day. :surprise:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts