Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can confirm that not all 2019 models received the new pump cover designed to limit or eliminate the sumping issues. My bike is a RGS with the 114”. Build date 8/18. I’ve had no issues so far and only pulled the cover to swap cams, lifters, and change out the inner cam bearing to a full compliment B168 bearing.

On a really positive note, my crank runout measured .001. Pretty excited about that.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I had read some early release 19's don't have the the new cam plate yet.

Great news on the run out!

What cam are you putting in?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTS100 Torque Cam. Not looking to get too crazy with Cams and motorwork. Just a little extra oomph.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of the tts 100 would like to know what you think of it. What tuner are you using
I’ve used TTS tuners in every HD I’ve owned. Will post back up after the Cams are installed. I had to order parts based on what I found today.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The TTS100 cams are beautiful in the 114” motor. Just got done with a 350 mile shakedown and VTune run. Hard to describe how well the bike ran. Torque everywhere. In 6th gear I’d slow down to 40 mph and the bike would pull smoothly without bucking or shuddering. The ride consisted or rolling in and out of the throttle with little need to shift, even when pulling grades or passing.

I also got a photo of the two pump covers before I buttoned the bike all back up.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Is there a known production date as to when the 19's were fitted with the new pump parts?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The TTS100 cams are beautiful in the 114” motor. Just got done with a 350 mile shakedown and VTune run. Hard to describe how well the bike ran. Torque everywhere. In 6th gear I’d slow down to 40 mph and the bike would pull smoothly without bucking or shuddering. The ride consisted or rolling in and out of the throttle with little need to shift, even when pulling grades or passing.

I also got a photo of the two pump covers before I buttoned the bike all back up.

thanks for sharing!

looks to be a lot better seal.

if the pump wasn't making a good seal it would cause cavitation, which would result in sumping, right?

if that's right, how could it have ever made it to the production stage???

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for sharing!

looks to be a lot better seal.

if the pump wasn't making a good seal it would cause cavitation, which would result in sumping, right?

if that's right, how could it have ever made it to the production stage???
The earlier pumps had no seal. This new backing plate seals the back of the pump to the bearing. It's supposed to help with sumping by allowing pressure to flow into the cam chest, but not back into the crankcase. I didn't have any experiences of sumping however since I was in there I figured that I'd at least update the oil pump just in case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts