Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, by now most of you are aware that HD announced a mid year availability on a 2020 RG CVO. Available in only one color scheme (color me boring, but that's just one guy's opinion) and you'll notice there's a $3k drop in price from the 2019. Anyone compared the specs and understand what was deleted to account for the $3k lower price. I'm not a buyer regardless but was just wondering what you think of it. To me it looks less special. The color and graphics look like an after thought. Sometimes less is more, but I don't think this is one of those times .... but what the hell do I know.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
i do know that they changed the sound system from 150 watts per channel, to 75 watts. but they added heated grips.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I think it's $3K less than a typical CVO because it's basically a special on steroids. Trust me, if it had a tour pack, lowers and twin cooled it would be $44K. Personally I'm not bowled over by the color, never been a big fan of the spoiler.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I was at the dealer Wednesday signing some paperwork and they (the staff) couldn't wait to show me the "new" CVO and tell me that they are allocated 3. Even after I told them a CVO wasn't in my zip code, they pulled out the pics. The color was uninspiring to me, but when I said $40K for a bike without a tourpack, lowers and a rideable windshield, we went back to business...….

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Believe it actually does have the Boom II audio. It does have the RSDS system on it. First time also for heated grips on a SERG that isn't an Ultra. Dunno, maybe HD is finally starting to realize that people are sick of the silly CVO prices going up and getting less?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
40 grand for a bike without a trunk and lowers is ridiculous imo. Harley is ran by a bunch of clowns. It should of been a Road Glide Limited CVO. That bike with that little seat 12 inch shocks and basically no windshield I guess is built for bar hopping and putting 2500 miles a year on it. It sucks! You asked for my opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's funny how several of you mentioned the lack of a Tour Pack. It's been several years since an RG CVO came with a tour pack. I think the only time you get a TP on a CVO now is when they decide to do a Limited CVO. I'd guess it'll be about $2,500. for a paint matching TP with mounting hardware. Paint is strictly a personal matter, but this scheme leaves me underwhelmed, compared to the 3 paint schemes available last year. Some of you have been around long enough to remember when every CVO paint job (all models not just RGs) was something special, offering multiple paint effects and graphics that really put the CVOs in a class by themselves. In my eyes this one comes off as a "parts bin engineering" after thought just to get something in the pipeline to sell. I hope I'm wrong and will be more impressed when I see this one in person.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
It should of been a Road Glide Limited CVO.
...... sure, but THAT one's gonna get held for the intro of the new touring frame
............ AND, ....they're gonna paint one iteration of that model a real yellow (wtf happened to the 'change text color' button ??)
........... and then, W will be in the market for a new ride ?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks to me like a feeler to test the market. Cut back some(cosmetic windshield, paint, etc) but give the fang and some other goodies. A really jump in your face limited paint scheme will sell more than any other add on, imo. I'll stick with my '18 and make it my own for that kind of $.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I’m glad they at least offered one. Disappointed the paint isn’t unique, but I’m going to bet it still looks pretty dang good in person. I got my 15 RGUCVO used about 3 years ago and it truly has ruined me. I’m still dazzled by it every time I get on it. I thought HD knocked it out of the park w the previous blue mako fade And a couple of others. They’ve definetly toned that back a notch since then. But most every new CVO I see seems pretty awesome. Don’t think I’ll ever get rid of my current ride unless maybe if it blows up again - and then I’d probably shop a used CVO - to me the prices of even the specials seems unrealistic. So I’m a ruined CVO guy - shallow but happy ?

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
It's funny how several of you mentioned the lack of a Tour Pack. It's been several years since an RG CVO came with a tour pack. I think the only time you get a TP on a CVO now is when they decide to do a Limited CVO. I'd guess it'll be about $2,500. for a paint matching TP with mounting hardware. Paint is strictly a personal matter, but this scheme leaves me underwhelmed, compared to the 3 paint schemes available last year. Some of you have been around long enough to remember when every CVO paint job (all models not just RGs) was something special, offering multiple paint effects and graphics that really put the CVOs in a class by themselves. In my eyes this one comes off as a "parts bin engineering" after thought just to get something in the pipeline to sell. I hope I'm wrong and will be more impressed when I see this one in person.
2016 was the last year of the SERGU. Only made 3 years so far. '11,’15 and '16. They backed up the '15 with the '16 and at that time, flooded the market. Dealers had them on the floor til the end of the '17 model year. With the release of the M8, values have tanked. I'm still spoiled with my '15 and unless they make something that just screams my name, it'll keep showing up at SW until it's got historical plates on it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was at the dealer Wednesday signing some paperwork and they (the staff) couldn't wait to show me the "new" CVO and tell me that they are allocated 3. Even after I told them a CVO wasn't in my zip code, they pulled out the pics. The color was uninspiring to me, but when I said $40K for a bike without a tourpack, lowers and a rideable windshield, we went back to business...….
Totally agree I believe they lowered the price because as the 2019 CVO's gathered dust last fall they were selling for 39999.Somewhere I read that the CVO's should have been released with the 131motor excellent observation and true for this avid HD fan.A well respected rider owner test rode the 2020 and said shocks and seat need replacing. More of the same.If they want to shortcut paint which makes a CVO what it is then make it up somewhere else Motor, comfort, etc.The Motor company should be reading these forums they know full well what we as rider, costumers want. Back to the parts books.

·
Registered
682 Posts
OK, by now most of you are aware that HD announced a mid year availability on a 2020 RG CVO. Available in only one color scheme (color me boring, but that's just one guy's opinion) and you'll notice there's a $3k drop in price from the 2019. Anyone compared the specs and understand what was deleted to account for the $3k lower price. I'm not a buyer regardless but was just wondering what you think of it. To me it looks less special. The color and graphics look like an after thought. Sometimes less is more, but I don't think this is one of those times .... but what the hell do I know.
it would look pretty good with a native bagger front end-a real windshield-and a hammock seat-local dealer just got the gray 2018 cvo in trade-customer traded that and a 2015 fltruse for a 2020 limited-I can't get them to give me a price yet-still in service-salesman said he thought 30000,but I don't see that

·
Registered
413 Posts
I paid 40,150 dollars in July for my 19 CVO RG mako shark.. I love the color and the bike.. I just put another 8800 dollars into a 128 big bore kit with lots of Addons and some other aftermarket parts.. The new color just looks boring to me... I hope some people love it.... H-D is counting on 2500 people loving it.!!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts