Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S&S 475 cam

Vance and Hines dual dresser headers

Rhinehart 4.5 slip ons

102hp 126tq

I'll post the sheets next week when I pick the bike up since I wasn't there

So I've read all about the possible numbers my bike can make. Most of the dynos I've seen show my bike between 120-132hp with this cam. After talking to Mike at My Garage in Ventura CA, he said the exhaust was really holding my bike back. Thing is I really really love the way my bike sounds. I mean it's amazing. One of the things I really like about it is the fact I ride in traffic quite a bit splitting lanes and those cars can all hear me coming. The safety factor is huge in this regard.

Performance wise is meh...now it's got me thinking. I chose this combination after hearing the exhaust. I know I know wrong way to go about it, totally my fault.

Now I'm asking anyone that has actual knowledge of this cam on at least a 114 which exhaust will produce the best overall performance? From what I've read fullsac headers are the way to go so I'm pretty sure that's my direction there. What exhaust slip ons would yall recommend to make the performance gains this bike is capable of? At this point I don't care if it's a 2 into 1 shorty or 2 into 2 full length duals.

Input is appreciated

Thanks

Registered
Have a talk with FM about exhaust if you want every bit it has to give.
114 dyno sheet tuned with power vision. 475 cam and FM High roller mufflers Jack pot 2-1-2 header

Reactions: Lu and flhman

Registered
Well, take this for what its worth, if you are REALY chasing the numbers to feel the performance...a good 2:1 will do wonders when tuned properly

To provide and example, my old Deluxe with a 114 Stage 2 with the Trq Cam...initially had S&S Cans on the stock Headers...swapped to an S&S 2:1...retuned it and picked up 10 hp and 10 fpt

Registered
S&S 475 cam

Vance and Hines dual dresser headers

Rhinehart 4.5 slip ons

102hp 126tq

I'll post the sheets next week when I pick the bike up since I wasn't there

So I've read all about the possible numbers my bike can make. Most of the dynos I've seen show my bike between 120-132hp with this cam. After talking to Mike at My Garage in Ventura CA, he said the exhaust was really holding my bike back. Thing is I really really love the way my bike sounds. I mean it's amazing. One of the things I really like about it is the fact I ride in traffic quite a bit splitting lanes and those cars can all hear me coming. The safety factor is huge in this regard.

Performance wise is meh...now it's got me thinking. I chose this combination after hearing the exhaust. I know I know wrong way to go about it, totally my fault.

Now I'm asking anyone that has actual knowledge of this cam on at least a 114 which exhaust will produce the best overall performance? From what I've read fullsac headers are the way to go so I'm pretty sure that's my direction there. What exhaust slip ons would yall recommend to make the performance gains this bike is capable of? At this point I don't care if it's a 2 into 1 shorty or 2 into 2 full length duals.

Input is appreciated

Thanks
Danny,

You might just need some inserts to be placed in your existing pipes. Call Fuel Moto and talk to Bob. The inserts would be cheaper than a new header and exhaust and might be just what you need to get some HP/TQ back.

Good luck

Registered
Danny,

You might just need some inserts to be placed in your existing pipes. Call Fuel Moto and talk to Bob. The inserts would be cheaper than a new header and exhaust and might be just what you need to get some HP/TQ back.

Good luck
I have the same exact exhaust and cam. I have not had it dyno'd but it Def has substantially more hp and tq. I do have inserts in mine to get the back pressure back though. It will never match a 2 into 1 pipe, but it's fine by me.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
I have ZERO experience with the M8 motors and I'm not knocking V&H as I feel they do make good products but I dont think they are the best available for what you're looking to achieve. The motor needs to breathe and with the cam swap it needs it now more than ever. I would ditch the V&H exhaust and go with a D&D, fuel moto or dragos setup. With either one of those you'll get the sound but more importantly you'll get power too. I personally dont like the look of a 2into1 exhaust but I went with the D&D Boarzilla when I did a 124 in my 09. It runs strong and was a serious difference in my butt dyno. To me its function over form but it sounds badass too which is a plus. After almost 2 years of dealing with look of one pipe sticking out the back I finally remedied that and bought a used ghost pipe to fill in the void. Good luck

Registered
Fuel Moto Jackpot 2-1-2 header and reuse your mufflers if budget is a concern, or a 2-1 complete system otherwise. You will not sacrifice any sound with a good 2-1, and and if the looks are a concern do as others suggested and put a ghost pipe on the left side. I ran a Dragos 2-1 when I had the 124" in mine and not only did my neighbors hate it their neighbors hated it too!

Registered
I'm biased to Fuel Moto......but choosing the right combination is key if you are chasing numbers....

Anyway, look below (120hp/131tq) for SE A/C, Rineharts, but different Cam and Tuner than what you have.....make sure you get rid of that stock header....and lastly, a canned tune will not do...get it professionally tuned.....hope it comes out to your liking.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm biased to Fuel Moto......but choosing the right combination is key if you are chasing numbers....

Anyway, look below (120hp/131tq) for SE A/C, Rineharts, but different Cam and Tuner than what you have.....make sure you get rid of that stock header....and lastly, a canned tune will not do...get it professionally tuned.....hope it comes out to your liking.....

It was professionally tuned. I have an aftermarket header as well. Might go with the fuel moto header and try my rhineharts with the inserts & see what that does

Registered
I second the FM inserts. I have Rhinehart 4 inch slips. If your not running a cat headpipe the inserts help a lot. As far as the numbers go...what gear was your dyno in? My guy runs 4th only and my numbers were lower than most posted. A 6th gear run shows inflated numbers. Take your numbers and add about 10% to them and you will see your right in line with everyone else. Just get a good tune and forget the numbers. That piece of paper is only good for places like this and doesn't matter when you blip that throttle on the highway.
My 124 pulled in 4th 117hp and 137tq. Thats still low in comparison to what many post with a 6th gear but she screams when I punch it!
I'd def talk to Bob at FM.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts