Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2020 Limited for 6 days now.

Tried to do th HD Connection thing. Could not register. Called HD and they said "Yes we are having that issue, take the bike to the dealership and have them re-flash the TCU." No biggie, took it in yesterday and waited and in about 40 minutes it was done and we went outside and finished the setup. They wanted to do it ad this was their first 2020 that had been sold.

Got home last night and had a package with my headlight modulator in it. That is not going to happen today. The first screw I tried to take out of the windshield is froze in the bushing and the bushing is turning in fairing. Appears when it was assemble the thing was cross threaded. The other 4 are okay. So I guess it is into the dealer later today or tomorrow and see how that is going to be addressed.

I know they make replacement inserts but makes me wonder how they are going to get the bad one out without screwing something else up. But it is under warranty and I do have the ESP.

On my Ultra it took 5 years of pulling the fairing off and on many times for that to happen but a brand new one? makes one wonder.

First new bike in 12 years so I am a bit disappointed. But on the other hand love the bike.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That’s been a common problem with these Rushmore fairings.You can check online and see that numerous owners,even batwings,have had this issue. Happened to me twice and was able to pry the brass thread part out of fairing and tap back in with some glue and been fine since then. Overall,like the looks and function of the fairing but wish they would improve the quality of them a bit better. Hopefully with a new frame they’ll also give us a new upgraded fairing too soon. Other than that ,no complaints. They’re awesome bikes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts