Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel cramped on my 2020 limited seat, I read on here that it is slightly taller and more padded than most seats- anyone confirm that? I also feel the seat is shorter than the last seat I had, which was an older seat off a 2010 ultra. I want to buy an aftermarket seat but mustang, Ciro , and Saddlemen are all 2-3 months out with backorders. Anyone have any luck with the sundowner? I was also thinking of a Hammock as well but I hear that seat raises you up 2 inches. Has anyone had Mean city cycles reshape their seat? what was the turnaround time? Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 RGL 114
16 Posts
I put the tall boy seat on my RGL moved me back 1.5"-1.75" and also down a little. Position is similar to Road glide or Special.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I replaced mine with a Le Pera RT66 w/backrest. Before doing that I spoke with a guy who does custom seat restyling. He told me his opinion was that Le Pera probably builds one of the best replacement seats he’d ever worked on. I was surprised by the physical weight of this seat. The pan (seat base) is made of steel and is incredibly strong. It looked like as much care went into the bottom of the seat as did the top. The foam is very firm and that concerned me. I’m getting used to it and really enjoying the extra space I have.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I feel cramped on my 2020 limited seat, I read on here that it is slightly taller and more padded than most seats- anyone confirm that? I also feel the seat is shorter than the last seat I had, which was an older seat off a 2010 ultra. I want to buy an aftermarket seat but mustang, Ciro , and Saddlemen are all 2-3 months out with backorders. Anyone have any luck with the sundowner? I was also thinking of a Hammock as well but I hear that seat raises you up 2 inches. Has anyone had Mean city cycles reshape their seat? what was the turnaround time? Thank you.
If you look under the seat, it’s a LOW seat. They should offer a standard seat option but they don’t.

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited
19 Posts
Has anyone had Mean city cycles reshape their seat?
I'm taking off a couple days early for Myrtle Beach Bike Week so I can swing by MCC to get my seat done on my way to MB. Time'll tell if the mods get the job done, or not. They have an overnight service, but it's $100 extra. Since I'd otherwise have to pay to have the seat shipped there and back...and it's not too far out of my way to MB...I figure I'm not too far off from breaking even. I'd just as soon a small business have the money as UPS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going to try a Road King seat on my 20 RG standard. I'm 6' with a 34" inseam. Knees are higher than hips and it's like the Holiday Inn. No ball room. With shipping and duty a seat is very pricey up here in Turdoland

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited Silver Pine/Spruce
39 Posts
I was also thinking of a Hammock as well but I hear that seat raises you up 2 inches.
It does raise you up a bit but I don't think it's 2"...maybe 1". I'm 6'3" with 34" inseam and went with a Hammock. Raising me a bit actually worked out good as it helps to stretch/straighten my legs a bit more. If you can find the rider/passenger version of the the 09-13 seat (52000003A), that's the one I have. It actually is cut back almost an inch more than stock and fits me pretty good. As I understand from when I was researching this, the newer 14+ is not cut back further. Had it on my 2012 UC and moved it over to my 2020 RGL (fits just fine). It's a comfy seat for both myself and my wife.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The Hammock does sit you up higher than the Sundowner. I tried both, but went with the Sundowner because of my short ass legs. Loved that seat, just wish I had my wits to remove it, before the salvage company took the bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts