Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question I bough a 2020 road glide and looking to change my handle bars with out changing the cables..
Can any one tell me how high I can go keeping everything stock..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Typically you can go to 14 and without extensions or new hydraulics. But sometimes if there is a lot of spread on the bars then the wiring can be tighter. But generally 14”.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Throwing out the welcome mat for your first post...Greetings from the Burg;

·
Registered
457 Posts
I haven’t done a set of bars on a 2020 yet. I will be soon for one of my employees who just bought his first RG, but to me the 14s are always a little too tight with the stock lines. Can generally get them on, but too me they just look and feel tighter than I would want on my ride. 12s are never a problem. On my personal bikes I always change the lines while I‘m doing bars though. I think it makes a big difference as a finishing detail, but as with every customization we do there is the question of “is it worth the time and money?” And that’s a personal question that only the owner can answer for themselves.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
First welcome to the forum.
Second, As stated above generally you can get away with 14" bars as long as the spread isn't to wide. But as BlueJob pointed out they can tend to get tight. Now you may be able to reroute the cables and cut zip ties to give you a bit of room. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Welcome, I have a 2020 RGS and put 13" Road 6 custom standard bars on. The brake/clutch lines are just fine, I did cut the zip ties under the speedo/tach for just a bit more room. The wiring harness will work, but I decide to put extensions on just to make it easier and extension are only about $50 for the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bunch of great advice in prior posts, just put 12 in. KST Spearheads on my 2020 Road Glide with no problems.
As stated 14's will work but if I were to use them I would use wiring extensions.
The TBW will not need to be extended it is long enough.
KST has a bunch of good info and videos on their web site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought a 2020 RGS and after lots of research can say I agree with what others have said above. You can go as tall as 14" but will be close and might require some creative installation. In my case, I played it safe and ordered the 12" KST spearheads. I'm 5'7" and getting a slightly lower seat than stock, so the 12s will almost be like 13s to me. So also keep in mind what your plans for seats will be. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bunch of great advice in prior posts, just put 12 in. KST Spearheads on my 2020 Road Glide with no problems.
As stated 14's will work but if I were to use them I would use wiring extensions.
The TBW will not need to be extended it is long enough.
KST has a bunch of good info and videos on their web site.
I am thinking about getting these. Can you let us know how tall you are, inseam, and arm length.

No need for shoe size. LOL

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I just installed Vindikta 14" Wild Cats on a 2020 FLTRXS and used stock wires and cables. Have to cut some zip ties and remove the tray under the nacelle to have enough slack but works no problem/

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put 12" Factory 47 Signature bars (LOVE them) and I cannot imagine any taller bars fitting with the stock cables, as they were stretched to the max.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome, I did the Factory 47's 14", it does indeed work with slack. I was doubtful when I got into the thick of things, but with help from this forum it is very doable. I'm 5'11" and have the bars pushed forward and they are very comfortable. I research my butt off and everyone said to go taller than what you think. I didn't want to get into things with changing the cables, so 14" is the max. The lines have enough slack to move and are not stretch beyond my liking. If they were I was going to invest in doing longer cables, but they are not needed. Good luck with whatever route you go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my KST Spearheads adjusted right where I like them after adding the CVO seat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pigfoot63, Those bars look AWESOME!!! I’m thinking of picking some on my 19 CVO RG... I’m 6 feet, So thinking the 14 might work better for me?? What is the stock bar height? Great looking bike my friend..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed 12's on my 2020 Limited. I needed extensions for the TBW. Whoever believes thst 14s arepossible without extensions has not installed bars before. You have enough wire,depending on the types of bars you choose, to make it to the inside bottom of the new bars. There is not enough wire to be comfortable without jeopardizing your connections. My 2 cents worth!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts