Road Glide banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Just installed 12's on my 2020 Limited. I needed extensions for the TBW. Whoever believes thst 14s arepossible without extensions has not installed bars before. You have enough wire,depending on the types of bars you choose, to make it to the inside bottom of the new bars. There is not enough wire to be comfortable without jeopardizing your connections. My 2 cents worth!
Bars and bikes are different. I installed 14" KST Marauders on my '15 CVO and had plenty of wire left.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Every ody that knows everything days The Burg is Pittsurgh....

Geez... lol

Welcome from Pittsburgh, P BTW OP!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
I installed 12" KST Spearheads and I had to clip all the zip ties and take the block on the right side of the nacelle out to free up more slack for the clutch cable. I cannot see 14" version going on without brake and clutch extensions. As others have stated, the width of your bars make a difference as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Best guess on stock bar height around nine inch, at 6 feet you will probably be fine with the 14's.
I went to the garage and measured my stock bars that were hanging on the wall. They are 9.5” from the bottom of the tube at the nacelle to the top is the bar at the bend. So I would probably call them 9’s and agree with pigfoot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are talking about the handlebar controls no you just grind the nubs off flush and install controls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome, I have a 2020 RGS and put 13" Road 6 custom standard bars on. The brake/clutch lines are just fine, I did cut the zip ties under the speedo/tach for just a bit more room. The wiring harness will work, but I decide to put extensions on just to make it easier and extension are only about $50 for the aftermarket ones.
You have any pics? I'm looking to get 11 or 13 road 6 naked bars for my 2020 RGS.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts