Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just purchased a 2020 Road Glide with approximately 2000 miles on it. I lost my wife to cancer last November. I was in the process of advertising her 2013 Switchback. I made a trip to our dealer with my friend to get his bike serviced. Our dealer is 235 km. from us. I have rode my 2012 Streetglide and turned over 100,000 km. last summer. I had no intention of dealing my bike and planned on riding it for another year or two. I spotted a 2020 Road Glide in the dealer’s showroom. Well one thing led to another and I traded my two bikes on the Road Glide. I am slightly colourblind and in the showroom I saw a blue bike. Turns out it is Tahaitian Teal. It just so happens that teal is the colour associated with ovarian cancer of which my wife passed from. Obviously I was meant to have this bike. My guardian angel finalized the purshace.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRX Road Glide in Basic Black
18 Posts
Sorry for your loss......I also have a 2020 FLTRX.....great bike, no issues so far, except for tires worn out...lol. 19000 KM. Have new tires in shed, just have to install them one day. Figure I will get another 1000k of so out of rear.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,990 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife, I know you enjoy another 100k on that Teal Road Glide while having her with you in your memories. Cheers from a fellow Canuck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry for your loss......I also have a 2020 FLTRX.....great bike, no issues so far, except for tires worn out...lol. 19000 KM. Have new tires in shed, just have to install them one day. Figure I will get another 1000k of so out of rear.
I just changed my rear tire. 18000 kms. It was a demo bike and had 11000 on it when I bought it. I expected more tire life but i have no idea how it was treated before I bought it

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,990 Posts
I just changed my rear tire. 18000 kms. It was a demo bike and had 11000 on it when I bought it. I expected more tire life but i have no idea how it was treated before I bought it
I don;t know how much you you expect from a tire, but that is decent mileage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well my buddies are getting 23000 kms on average out of theirs but I must admit it is substantially better than my 07 gets. New tire every 10000 kms on the RK. I ride aggressively but I don't beat on my bikes. No burnouts etc ,. Well except on my Buell. It touches my inner hooligan.

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story of the purchase. As you said it seems it was meant to be. So sorry to hear about the loss of your Wife. Sounds like you have a true Guardian Angel for life.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Welcome from Texas 🤘

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,958 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. You'll soon have a whole new love affair ... with the best bike that HD makes. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome from SW Florida. You said you were 235 km from the dealership ..... that's about 18 US miles isn't it? LOL

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,594 Posts
Gotta find some sunshine. Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the bike.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Congrats on the new ride & Welcome to the Tank from Texas, enjoy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts