Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
894 Posts
I just purchased and installed the new H-D Signature LED Front and Rear Turn Signal Inserts.

TLDR: Amazing, but you can judge for yourself.

View attachment 424438

I made a video about how to install them and demonstrating the rear ones. Spoiler alert—it's exactly how you would expect to install them.
Lookin good! but at $110 a set...geez louise!

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Patriot
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lookin good! but at $110 a set...geez louise!
Agreed. Moco never cheap, but IMO these have a much nicer final finish than CD and look better when lit than CD. CD are the same price. I'm sure some will prefer CD—which is great, of course. When I bought these a dude who just bought CD put them up for sale so he could buy these.

Worth noting. CD lifetime guarantee. H-D 1 year. LEDs are quite reliable. So, I'm willing to roll the dice. But, CD safer purchase. But the $110 CD do not look as good IMO. The exterior bezel on these is really nice looking.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think the H-D ones look better too. Plus if you are swapping out the lens covers....ie: going smoked, the price difference is a wash. Only up side to CD is the warranty and if you’re getting a quality LED it shouldn’t be much of an issue.
These will be on my Christmas list for next year.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
894 Posts
Agreed. Moco never cheap, but IMO these have a much nicer final finish than CD and look better when lit than CD. CD are the same price. I'm sure some will prefer CD—which is great, of course. When I bought these a dude who just bought CD put them up for sale so he could buy these.

Worth noting. CD lifetime guarantee. H-D 1 year. LEDs are quite reliable. So, I'm willing to roll the dice. But, CD safer purchase. But the $110 CD do not look as good IMO. The exterior bezel on these is really nice looking.
Warranty really isn't on my list of concerns, it either works or doesn't. Most high dollar items I have learned, usually are well built. It's when one goes cheap that things are found to be garbage, that said, never say never as by your post they're that same price yet look better, and as we in my group say, looks before function or something crazy like that! 😜🤣

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
I was kind of hoping the kid strolling past in the background was gonna do a lil dance when he realized there was a camera there. I know I would've lol. The lights look good though

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
After being burned by HD lights, I made the switch to CD and never looked back. I am on the fence about the last rear light I need to change to smoked . The main tour pak light. CD has not released theirs yet The HD one looks ok and I want it done NOW.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I wonder what H-Ds reasoning is that the rears will only work on 20 and newer Touring bikes. Seems odd. If I couldn't do them all the way around I'd have to pass.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Patriot
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder what H-Ds reasoning is that the rears will only work on 20 and newer Touring bikes. Seems odd. If I couldn't do them all the way around I'd have to pass.
I hadn't noticed that. I can't imagine why they wouldn't work on pre-2020, but LEDs do have odd characteristics sometimes with how they interact with the rest of the system. They're not always as simple as plug them in like regular bulbs. Maybe that's it???

Ordinarily I research all this stuff to death and would have noticed that fitment issue prior to purchase. It doesn't affect me, but I still would have noticed. Anyway, I walked up to the counter at the dealership with the CD front and rear combo package. Dude said, "Have you seen the new H-D ones?" I hadn't, and frankly wasn't interested. I already knew I wanted CD (which is a fantastic product). Just to not be rude, I looked at the H-D they had installed on a floor model. The rest is history.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I hadn't noticed that. I can't imagine why they wouldn't work on pre-2020, but LEDs do have odd characteristics sometimes with how they interact with the rest of the system. They're not always as simple as plug them in like regular bulbs. Maybe that's it???

Ordinarily I research all this stuff to death and would have noticed that fitment issue prior to purchase. It doesn't affect me, but I still would have noticed. Anyway, I walked up to the counter at the dealership with the CD front and rear combo package. Dude said, "Have you seen the new H-D ones?" I hadn't, and frankly wasn't interested. I already knew I wanted CD (which is a fantastic product). Just to not be rude, I looked at the H-D they had installed on a floor model. The rest is history.
I just checked the part numbers on the 19s and 20s and all the parts in the rear turns match up. I'm cool enough with the cats at the dealer here if they didn't work it wouldn't be an issue.

Where'd you get em, one of the Boswell's or Moonshine?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Bumpus in the 'boro actually had them in stock. I got them there. The rears were out of stock most places just a few days ago.
I don't go down there much...kinda out of the way. Appleton's had some the other day when I was in there grabbing something, but I didn't check to see if they were front, back or both.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Patriot
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I show them in pictures, and the rears in the video, but you have to see them in person to get the full effect. Ideally, also need to touch them too to fully understand overall form (which is somewhat similar to the upgraded CD Bullet Bezel).

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got these from aliexpress $13.69 for a pair delivered.. they have a blacked out background that the LEDs are attached to and is fully covered with clear epoxy....the white DRL turns off when the indicator is activated. With a smoked lens, they look fantastic. The white DRL LED is very bright as with the amber turn LEDs

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Patriot
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got these from aliexpress $13.69 for a pair delivered.. they have a blacked out background that the LEDs are attached to and is fully covered with clear epoxy....the white DRL turns off when the indicator is activated. With a smoked lens, they look fantastic. The white DRL LED is very bright as with the amber turn LEDs
Can you provide a link to what you bought? I tried: I searched "motorcycle led signal turn" and aliexpress returned (15,577 Results).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Watch out for that new hd tour pak light. They eliminated the antennas so you have to buy antenna relocation kits. Another brilliant idea to sell more stuff!

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Patriot
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Watch out for that new hd tour pak light. They eliminated the antennas so you have to buy antenna relocation kits. Another brilliant idea to sell more stuff!
Good info. I probably won't be running a TP, but right now my bike gives all the truckers on the interstate a serious case of antenna envy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can’t seem to get rid of the whip. For some reason I like it

Reactions: FiAsco

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Come back in a couple months and tell how many of the LEDs are burned out.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts