Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just joined and I apologize if this is in the wrong spot. I just got a 2021 RGS and have heard/read alot about the new tuning road blocks.
My question is, given the fact that the 21 comes with a open “high flow” intake from factory would that be enough to require a tuner if I put on slip ons? I dont really wanna void the warranty but I definitely want some more of the classic harley sound. Stock sounds like a pissed off bee.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Slip ons long as the are a reasonable muffler are fine Run the stock ones a bit so they get used put yours on if anythings comes up put stock back on. Don't give them an excuse.

·
Registered
635 Posts
You should be fine with just slipons, anything else and your bike will run to lean... Thank the EPA for that..

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Slip ons long as the are a reasonable muffler are fine Run the stock ones a bit so they get used put yours on if anythings comes up put stock back on. Don't give them an excuse.
Slip ons are not a problem. Also I presume he rides his bike on trips, not practical to carry mufflers on multi-state trips.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
a lot of slip ons are epa compliant and should not impact warranty. unless, you remove the catalytic converter, then you may have issues.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
2020 RGL
324 Posts
Like many have mentioned slip ons and you should be good to go.

Congrats and welcome to the forum from KY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts