Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting close to my 20K check up. I can do everything else that is needed on my list except the checking of the spokes. Is that something your avg Joe can do or do i need to take them someplace to have them do it? Does it really need to be done? How hard is it to do your self and what kind of equipment is needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The more I can do on my own the less money I have to give the dealership. Doing my 15K, my own brakes, and tires (everything minus the mount and balance). I saved enough to make it worth the Harbor Freight lift i bought.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Do you have laced wheels? If so they definitely need checked. Buddy at work has 2012 Heritage with laced rims where the spokes were not properly tightened. Caused some major problems with steering. If you have cast wheels you're okay

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i have laced rims. I have read the manual and it says to loosen the spokes then to tighten them to the correct specs. I am just wondering how many people have done this on their own. How hard is it to do this your self. Bc the manual talks about a truing stand. I mean if it is something i can learn on my own I will buy the necessary tools. If it isn't worth it i will just take my rims to the dealer or an Indy shop to do it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts