Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my new front rim and tire in the next few weeks, I'm going to order the color matched harley 21 inch front fender for it. But can't decide if i want to lower the front 1 inch or 2 inches. I do alot of ridding and i want it to ride just as good or not better than stock. Let me know what you guys have used and show me some picks of your rides. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The 21" will raise the front end about 1 1/4" inch so we usually recommend just a 1" lowering kit in the front. If you do 2 inch it will be even lower than the factory height and your suspension travel will be very limited. Here is a couple pics of my Roadglide with a 1" lowering Monotube kit with a 21" front wheel. Looks and rides great IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm ordering my new front rim and tire in the next few weeks, I'm going to order the color matched harley 21 inch front fender for it. But can't decide if i want to lower the front 1 inch or 2 inches. I do alot of ridding and i want it to ride just as good or not better than stock. Let me know what you guys have used and show me some picks of your rides. Thanks in advance
Before lowering it, I would rather ask the dealer, just in case.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've put just over 20,000 mile on my front 21, it rides and handles great. I did put 1000 miles on it before I lowered the front one inch, I didn't like the way it handled at slow speeds.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Just curious; you are not getting the «Knockout Custom» wheel - which aftermarket 21" wheel is it?

Yeah, the MoCo wheels are expensive but I like the fact that this kit comes with specially developed front suspension components thus assuring optimized fork travel and ride quality! JMO

·
Registered
117 Posts
Her is mine with a 21" front/ 17" back combo...With black front forks it is lowered 1", brushed alum forks is stock. With it lowered I find it feels allot more like stock. I tried 13" rear shocks versus the stock 12" and that raised the seat height too high for my liking.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I'm going to go with a legends front suspension, it rides alot better and i talked to harley all that kit is, is a 1 inch lowering spring.

Just curious; you are not getting the «Knockout Custom» wheel - which aftermarket 21" wheel is it?

Yeah, the MoCo wheels are expensive but I like the fact that this kit comes with specially developed front suspension components thus assuring optimized fork travel and ride quality! JMO

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Her is mine with a 21" front/ 17" back combo...With black front forks it is lowered 1", brushed alum forks is stock. With it lowered I find it feels allot more like stock. I tried 13" rear shocks versus the stock 12" and that raised the seat height too high for my liking.
Good Looking Setup Bro

Swo

·
Registered
952 Posts
I did a 2 inch drop on the front I like the looks but the ride is a little stiff especially at parking lot speeds.

Great looking bike!! Love the stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Getting ready to install a 21" front and 16" rear myself. Like the look of the 2" drop in the front as well.

Has anyone dropped the front forks 2" on a 17 or newer? I have the Progressive spring lowering kit which allows a 1" or 2" drop and am concerned whether the ride quality will diminish greatly if I go 2".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts