Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 15 Road Glide Special. Notice that when I turn the switch to,start bike, stereo comes on at one volume. When I Actually start the bike, radio volume seems to drop, a lot. What is the problem?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Mine does the same thing and asked another RG owner and his does the same thing. I asked a dealer about that and they had not heard of any complaints; I am not sure HD considers it an issue.

·
Registered
321 Posts
And vise-versa when you shut the engine off? Stereo volume increases too. Very disappointed in stereo but the rest of the bike is awesome.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mine does it too now that you mention it. My best guess is that its some type of built in feature so your stereo isn't blaring when you start the bike up. HD wants us to focus on the ticks, rattles, & other motor noises as well as the stupid annoying warning screen that pops up every time you start the bike.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what happens. Turn off the bike and sound gets louder and clearer - more depth. There has to be a fix. Firmware or something. Nike is going back for some changes and I will speak with the dealer about it and report back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes no difference if the volume control is on or off...same thing happens. Radio sounds great when the bike is off. Turn on bike and you practically need to crank it to 10 to get a similar sound to when the bike is off and volume is set to 3 or 4.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked in at the dealer - I am not crazy....other customers have said the same thing. They said download and install the most recent update from h-d.com. Said it will resolve the problem. I did it and found no change in performance. Same problem. Plan to address when the bike goes in for some other work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.